Global Category Analyst - India
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- We challenge conventions and create sustainable solutions for the world around us by having strong players in strong teams.
- Here you will be teamed with passionate and dedicated colleagues who will challenge you to perform your best while supporting you along the way.
Be a part of the Winning Team
- In Sourcing Development & Analytics we go a notch higher to be “The Winning team” that will exceed expectations by challenging our comfort zone continuously while still having fun and being passionately motivated.
- You will be a member of Sourcing Development & Analytics (SD&A) India team supporting the Sourcing/Procurement teams globally.
- The SD&A is a unit of the Business Finance Services India team which is part of the Global Corporate Shared Services (CSS) organization.
- The expectation and vision of both SD&A as well as its stakeholders is to develop the team into a Centre of Excellence for Global Sourcing in terms of Data Analytics as well as Sourcing systems support
- The primary customers will be stakeholders from the Global Sourcing team.
Key areas of responsibility will be
- Deliver analytical solutions and statistical expertise to Sourcing stakeholders
- Optimize reporting and analytical capabilities within Sourcing (Analysis of spend, categories, payment terms, root causes analysis, KPI reporting, Business Cases)
- Provide recommendations to Category managers and Sourcing management based on data analysis
- Handle analytical requests from stakeholders.
- This can be straightforward reporting, or more extensive and investigative analytical projects which come with your set of recommendations and findings
- Handle Secondary Market research projects (Supplier research, Market trends/analysis)
- Create and deliver presentations of project findings and business requirements
- Listens and takes initiative to find ways to get better processes and results, seeks and takes advantage of ideas, best practices and solutions developed elsewhere.
- Should be able to analyse data/information in the minutest detail and be able to then convey the summary/interpretation in the most understandable manner to higher management/stakeholders so that they are able to make decisions
Functional support of Sourcing owned systems:
- He/she also should be ready to take up functional responsibility for some of the Sourcing owned systems
- Understand user issues and coordinate with vendor/Internal IT to arrive at a resolution
- Help users with basic system related queries
- Train/support on navigation/concepts
- Basic admin roles
Desired Qualification and Skill sets:
- B. Tech/B.Sc./B. Com or a Masters (in any discipline) with experience in Sourcing Data Analytics
- Should possess strong knowledge in Excel and PowerPoint (experience in Access, Tableau will be add ons)
- Drive for Results: Perseverance and resilient in the pursuit of objectives, willing to take on new challenges, works to resolve tough issues
- Highly Collaborative: works well with others, especially internal and external stakeholders to deliver results and keeps others informed to avoid unnecessary surprises and to deliver what is requested
- Effectively manages multiple duties and tasks
- Comfortable and effective communication (verbal and written) with stakeholders internally and externally across all levels
- Flexible working hours to at times accommodate for servicing global category managers