Global Business Intelligence Manager El Segundo United States,
KARL Storz (company)
Founded in 1971 as the gateway to the United States, KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc. (KSEA) is responsible for all U.S. distribution of endoscopes, instruments, imaging systems, electromechanical devices and OR1®integration. Headquartered in El Segundo, California, KSEA operates with over 100 highly trained, professional sales representatives who manage individual accounts across the country. KSEA's sales force is supported by more than 30 Field Service Technicians to ensure best in class service to its customers. Customer service and technical support are available 24 hours a day to all KARL STORZ customers. Additionally, KSEA exhibits at more than 700 medical conventions and seminars annually.
The Global BI Manager provides strategic, operational and technical leadership to continuously develop and enhance the global BI initiatives of KARL STORZ. Creates BI strategy, roadmap along with Enterprise Architecture and then execute and monitor the progress. Manage Global BI team of full time employees and Contractors. Works closely with Business Partners to determine the BI needs and execute the projects from planning to closure. Provides SAP Best Practice knowledge to aid in the design process. Has good technical competency in SAP, Business Objects, HANA, BW, QlikView, Tableau, and Fiori.
- Provides strategic, operational and technical leadership.
- Define BI strategy and define the data driven BI roadmap.
- Develops the technical architecture which is aligned with the BI roadmap.
- Engage with Business Partners to define BI initiatives, project scope and timelines.
- Manage Global BI team of full time employees and Contractors.
- Provides proper level of structure and governance to BI programs, while adhering to all the standard project methodologies, templates and processes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Strong experience in designing, delivering Global BI solutions and defining the overall BI Architecture.
- Strong functional experience in SAP modules including but not limited to Quote to Cash, Sales to Cash, Service to Cash, Finance & Controlling and Planning. SAP technical design, development and deployment experience is essential as is experience with global rollouts.
- Excellent Project Management skills, capturing and documenting requirements, understanding Business impacts and tradeoffs.
- Strong experience in front-end and back-end tools including Fiori smart applications, Business Objects (WEBI, Design Studio), Tableau, QlikView, HANA, BW on HANA.
- Acknowledged expert in all areas of BI with ability of:
- Reviewing, QA and providing constructive feedback for development activities
- Presenting Pros and Cons for key design decisions
- Understanding impact of development activities to overall landscape and other teams
- Implement optimization / improvement opportunities where possible
- Keep updated on new trends and features
- Must be able to collaborate and effectively work in teams.
- Strong communication skills a must.
- Must have a service-oriented personality.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- German language skills and international work experience are a plus, but not required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in computer science; advanced degree preferred.
- At least 10 to 12 years of BI development experience.
- At least 3 years of management experience.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally (as needed)
- Must be able to drive safely for frequent business travel
- Injury and Illness Prevention Program; annually - OSHA requirement
- Quality System training
- IT Service Excellence
KSEA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, KSEA complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
Find a Job Find Candidates