Global Brand Medical Director - Switzerland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 11 April 2017
To be a member of the Global Brand Medical Directors group, which supports the development of the Global Medical Affairs strategy and its implementation for the strategically significant global brand (s) in Specialty GI
- Works closely with the Global Brand Medical Directors to develop and implement significant Global Medical Affairs (GMA) activities for strategically assigned global brands
- Active contributor and member of the GI Specialty Global Medical Affairs Sub team (GMST)
- Partners with the Global Brand Leader in establishing a medical strategy which is wholly aligned with the brand plan
- Contributes to creating the Brand Medical Strategy document with input from the Regional/Local Operating Company Medical Directors
- Provides medical leadership to contribute to successful launch and life cycle management of a prioritized global brand
- Can represent GMA, Specialty GI as needed at Global Brand Team, Global Product Team (GPT) and other cross-functional teams
- Contributes to Phase IIIb/IV research by conducting data gaps analysis and delivers data generation plans aligned with brand and market access strategy
- Takes the lead on drafting and final writing of protocols for GMA Medical Affairs Company Sponsored studies
- GMA, Specialty GI representative for the review of the IISR program in Entyvio in keeping with the overall strategy for differentiation of Entyvio in IBD
- Responsible for review and certification of assigned brand-related clinical content material development for medical education, medical communication, publications and Key Opinion Leader (KOL) engagement plans
- Provides medical-scientific training to internal/external stakeholders as required
- Is a medical face of the brand and provides medical leadership for external interactions with stakeholders including KOLs, advisory boards, academic groups, scientific societies, and patient advocacy groups.
- Can be responsible for the ongoing and lifecycle brand benefit/risk assessment, in collaboration with clinical safety.
- Can provide medical input towards the brand license renewals and sign as medical expert
- Supports Global Medical Head by providing brand input into the Specialty GI strategy document.
- As needed, contributes to consultation/evaluation of assets in the therapeutic area in the earlier phases of the product life cycle.
- Supports the Global Medical Head with resource planning for the medical affairs brand deliverables
EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- MD plus at least 5 years of demonstrated leadership in a pharmaceutical Medical Affairs role and preferably a minimum of 7 years total pharma industry experience
- At least 5 years’ experience working in the area of immune mediated disorders, experience in Inflammatory Bowel Disease desirable
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in complex matrix environments
- Deep knowledge of pharmaceutical industry dynamics and trends including a good understanding of the life cycle of a brand from cross-functional perspectives (e.g. marketing, pricing and reimbursement, supply chain).
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills, including proven success in communicating ideas to build collaborative work relationships
- Advanced interpersonal and negotiation skills including clear achievements in positively influencing key stakeholders
- Fluency in English
- Advanced degree (e.g. PhD, specialty certification, MBA)
- Direct experience in drug development and/or good understanding of development techniques
- Proven experience in and understanding of multiple regional/country markets
- Deep understanding of the brand(s)/therapeutic area and the stakeholders’ needs
- Fluency in more than one language