Global Brand Medical Director - Switzerland
- Works closely with the Global Brand Medical Directors to develop and implement significant Global Medical Affairs (GMA) activities for strategically assigned global brands
- Active contributor and member of the GI Specialty Global Medical Affairs Sub team (GMST)
- Partners with the Global Brand Leader in establishing a medical strategy which is wholly aligned with the brand plan
- Contributes to creating the Brand Medical Strategy document with input from the Regional/Local Operating Company Medical Directors
- Provides medical leadership to contribute to successful launch and life cycle management of a prioritized global brand
- Can represent GMA, Specialty GI as needed at Global Brand Team, Global Product Team (GPT) and other cross-functional teams
- Contributes to Phase IIIb/IV research by conducting data gaps analysis and delivers data generation plans aligned with brand and market access strategy
- Takes the lead on drafting and final writing of protocols for GMA Medical Affairs Company Sponsored studies
- GMA, Specialty GI representative for the review of the IISR program in Entyvio in keeping with the overall strategy for differentiation of Entyvio in IBD
- Responsible for review and certification of assigned brand-related clinical content material development for medical education, medical communication, publications and Key Opinion Leader (KOL) engagement plans
- Provides medical-scientific training to internal/external stakeholders as required
- Is a medical face of the brand and provides medical leadership for external interactions with stakeholders including KOLs, advisory boards, academic groups, scientific societies, and patient advocacy groups.
- Can be responsible for the ongoing and lifecycle brand benefit/risk assessment, in collaboration with clinical safety.
- Can provide medical input towards the brand license renewals and sign as medical expert
- Supports Global Medical Head by providing brand input into the Specialty GI strategy document.
- As needed, contributes to consultation/evaluation of assets in the therapeutic area in the earlier phases of the product life cycle.
- Supports the Global Medical Head with resource planning for the medical affairs brand deliverables
EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- MD plus at least 5 years of demonstrated leadership in a pharmaceutical Medical Affairs role and preferably a minimum of 7 years total pharma industry experience
- At least 5 years’ experience working in the area of immune mediated disorders, experience in Inflammatory Bowel Disease desirable
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in complex matrix environments
- Deep knowledge of pharmaceutical industry dynamics and trends including a good understanding of the life cycle of a brand from cross-functional perspectives (e.g. marketing, pricing and reimbursement, supply chain).
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills, including proven success in communicating ideas to build collaborative work relationships
- Advanced interpersonal and negotiation skills including clear achievements in positively influencing key stakeholders
- Fluency in English
- Advanced degree (e.g. PhD, specialty certification, MBA)
- Direct experience in drug development and/or good understanding of development techniques
- Proven experience in and understanding of multiple regional/country markets
- Deep understanding of the brand(s)/therapeutic area and the stakeholders’ needs
- Fluency in more than one language