Help us transform patients’ lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
To strengthen our Alliance & Intergration Management Team, based in our headquarter in Brussels, Belgium, we are looking to fill the position of: Global Alliance Manager.
Does being a proactive person in the business of partnering make you feel great? Then you are a perfect ‘propartnering’ person for UCB. This very special blend of talent means you are adept at initiating collaboration to take patient comfort forward.
As a UCB 'propartnering' person and Global Alliance Manager you like to work in an environment where you can:
- Be responsible for the proactive management and smooth functioning of a broad range of complex global alliances across the Pharmaceutical Development value chain and ensure they achieve their strategic and financial goals
- Maximize the value of UCB alliances for patients and partners through managing the inherent risks and improving the effectiveness of the alliance operations through all phases of the alliance lifecycle
- Play a key role in enhancing the alliance management capability at UCB through involvement in sharing and developing, skills, experience, tools and best-practice throughout the Alliance Management Community
As a UCB 'propartnering' person and Global Alliance Manager you will contribute by:
- Leading alliance activities for high priority and complex strategic alliances and other deal types, through global cross-functional teams, in collaboration with project leads.
- Lead integration activities following product or company acquisitions
- Driving the rapid establishment of optimized, efficient business processes for alliance relationships that deliver the value underpinning the business case for the deal whilst balancing and managing business, legal, and relationship risks appropriately
- In collaboration with Business Development and Project Leads, driving early inclusion of governance and alliance launch planning through the Due Diligence process and ensuring seamless transition post-signature into the alliance 'kick off' through steady state and alliance lifecycle
- Reporting progress for the alliances across UCB to senior stakeholders and recommending areas for performance improvement
- Ensuring compliance with all alliance contractual provisions, managing contractual disputes, and coordinating alliance contract renegotiation or amendments when required.
- Facilitating key alliance governance meetings, developing partnership interventions to increase teamwork/trust between UCB and its partners.
- Developing and implementing best in industry approaches to Alliance Management and fostering a collaborative, win-win working relationship between parties
- Determine key success factors and metrics for measuring alliance health and success
- Track, communicate and manage key milestones to ensure compliance of obligations, using in-house database
- Managing royalty based alliances of the company’s mature brands with a focus on commercial analysis, tracking and ensuring the effective and timely execution of the associated financial rights and obligations
- Developing and implementing tools, techniques and processes to support future activities and establish a UCB way of working in partnerships
- Driving and embedding a strong culture of continuous improvement across the UCB Alliance Management community, ensuring key learnings are applied to UCB alliances
- Enhancing the UCB AM functional capabilities, through developing and implementing tools, training and development programs and engaging in AM Community leadership
- Acting as a spokesperson / ambassador for UCB at external Alliance, Partnering meetings, raising the profile of UCB as a leader in the field of alliance management
Interested? For this position you’ll need the following education, experience and skills:
- BS/BA or equivalent minimum. MS/MBA highly desired; Scientific background an advantage
- Alliance management certification (CA-AM) would be a plus
- 8+ years of Pharmaceutical industry experience including a track record (4+ years) of experience of management of global complex, cross-functional partnerships as alliance or business development manager
- Well-developed understanding of the drug development process, intellectual property management, commercial and other aspects associated with global licensing evaluation process and management of alliances
- Strong Commercial Analytical and Financial skills and legal acumen required
- Experience of acquisition integration management
- Proven ability to influence others without authority at senior levels
- Excellent interpersonal skills, negotiation and mediation skills, active listening, and relationship management skills
- Strong leadership skills with ability to lead and manage cross-functional projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to prepare clear and effective presentations
- Fast learner, proactive, takes initiative, goal oriented and results driven
- Experience in problem solving/ conflict resolution in a cross-functional, cross-cultural environment, and ability to escalate issues appropriately
Discover more about the remarkable UCB Talent Blends and how you can contribute to the mix at www.ucb.com/careers.
Job Segment: Manager, Pharmaceutical, Database, Compliance, Relationship Manager, Management, Science, Technology, Legal, Customer Service
Find a Job Find Candidates