Global Accounts Payable Manager - United States
Global Accounts Payable Manager
Avadel, a publicly traded specialty global pharmaceutical company with commercial offices located in Chesterfield, MO is seeking an Accounts Payable Manager to join our finance team. Reporting to the Accounting Manager this position will manage the global A/P daily work flows in a high-volume environment to ensure the accuracy and efficiency of the A/P functions. This position will be expected to plan and implement A/P process improvements to increase efficiency and strengthen controls, and provide guidance and training to A/P staff.
The Accounts Payable Manager will work with many internal departments including: St. Louis team (including Finance, Supply Chain, Legal, Quality), Irish and French finance teams and the US/France IT teams.
The external relations include: Vendors, Banks, External auditors, and External accounting advisors.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Supervise two accounts payable staff in Chesterfield, MO, including performance evaluation, training, mentoring, and assignment of work flow
- Manage the global A/P processes for the entire company, including the Chesterfield, MO; Dublin, Ireland; and Lyon, France sites.
- Assist with transitioning the A/P processes currently performed by our European locations to be centralized in Chesterfield, MO.
- Process full cycle A/P to ensure timely and accurate payment of invoices
- Oversee and improve all electronic payments processes
- Assist with the implementation and oversight of a global Purchase Requisition and Purchase Order process
- Respond to inquiries from vendors and internal customers
- Manage the 1099 process
- Maintain current policies and procedures and administer changes where needed
- Create and maintain an environment that supports creative and innovative ways for employees to perform tasks or analyze present tasks
- Resolve problems and issues concerning the department
- Relay key issues and resolutions on a regular basis to Accounting Manager
- ERP system experience, SAGE X3 is preferred
- Global A/P experience, specifically European A/P processing, is a significant plus
- Expert user of Excel and Microsoft Office Suite
- In-depth knowledge of A/P best practices and internal controls
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective management style with the ability to mentor and resolve conflict appropriately
- Ability to multi-task, work under tight deadlines
- Strong time-management and follow through skills with an emphasis on attention to detail
- Ability to work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and departments
- Possess a sense of urgency and decision making skills; solid judgment
- Possesses a high level of enthusiasm and integrity; able to practice a high level of confidentiality
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years accounting experience with at least 2 in a supervisory capacity
We look forward to talking with you!