Global Access and Value Lead
DEPARTMENT : SFM nPVU
JOB TITLE : Global Access and Value Lead
NATURE & SCOPE
The Global Access and Value Lead develops and refines innovative holistic access and pricing strategies for new product launches and in-market product label expansions. He/she ensures positive payer experience and “smart” access for patients. The primary responsibility is developing a high-level plan that links product value proposition, positioning, key patient segments, affordability, access, price, contracting and evidence generation. The Global Access and Value Lead is expected to adapt strategy and tactics to changes in the external access environment in ex-US markets. The role will connect with UCB access teams at the region and country level in the nPVU to ensure strategic consistency.
The Access and Value Lead requires an ability to challenge and refine strategies for other internal and external stakeholders to ensure the Patient Value Plan is connected to the pricing and access strategy. The role requires close collaboration with the global market access practice helping advance best practices, and with the regional access teams in operation units as well as with all other missions in the neurology unit. Other key interfaces include government, patient and public affairs.
The Access and Value Lead will drive development of strategies and influence the development of tactics which will properly position UCB within our multiple managed care customer segments, including government, commercial, and institutional customers in the US and HTA bodies in EU. Proactive recommendations on current and future resource allocation and communication about changes and emerging issues in the managed customer environments and the subsequent implications to key stakeholders inside but also outside the organization are expected.
Indicate the jobs reporting to this function, and provide an organization chart
Member of :
• Seizure Freedom Mission reporting to Head, Value Integration.
• Lead for Global Access Community Network
The Global Access and Value Lead is a key position on the nPVU Seizure Freedom Mission. He/she holds accountability for the execution of various Market Access activities associated with the entire UCB epilepsy portfolio. These activities include, but are not limited to:
• Drive the generation of health outcomes and economic evidence and its integration
• Develop value messaging & testing, and value proposition.
• Development and updating of Global Value Dossiers (GVDs) and Budget Impact Models (BIMs).
• Market access & pricing strategy for label expansions and new product entries.
• Quantitative data analytics associated with affordability tactics and qualitative tactical development.
• Payer analysis associated with innovation projects and various ad hoc requests.
• Responsible for coordinating and executing global access community monthly meetings.
• Input to the annual Patient Value Plan (PVP) process
• Actively participate in the development and review of key HTA submissions in collaboration with key affiliate stakeholders
Bachelor's Degree Required
Master's Degree Required
Experience with pharmaceutical pricing models.
BUSINESS KNOWLEDGE AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
• Minimally required experience:
o 6 years of experience in health economics, outcomes research, pricing or market access-related functions in the (bio)pharmaceutical industry or consulting;
o At least 3 years of experience in a global leadership/oversight role in the generation of payer-related HE and OR evidence and access strategy shaping for a late/full development (≥ Phase IIb/IIIa) compound with proven successful market access implementation
o Proven track record in the design and conduct of global health economic/outcomes research projects, payer and HTA submissions/interactions and/or payer insights generation in the above-mentioned stage of the development cycle
o Proficiency in Patient Reported Outcomes (PRO), Strategic Pricing and Payer/HTA policy disciplines to interact/enable SME from GMAP practice in these disciplines to successfully complete projects in these disciplines in support of their compound
• Desirable/preferred experience
o Local (affiliate level) experience in market access, outcomes research or health economics-related projects including direct involvement in the negotiation with and communication of value messages to payers and policymakers in the US or high-demand ex-US market (UK, Germany, France, Nordic area, Canada)
o Market access experience in the Asia Pacific region or other emerging market would be an asset
o Prior knowledge of/experience in epilepsy
MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP SKILLS
• Strong Project management skills
• Strong motivational skills
• Communication skills at senior level across the organization
• Visionary, strategic and tactical capabilities
• Strong understanding of international and cultural differences
• Delegate tasks and coordinate deliverables
• Analyze rapidly, and assimilate facts quickly
• Strong problem solving capabilities
• Existing relations and network
• People and process driven
• Deliver objectives in line with corporate and product targets
• Operate strongly in a multi-disciplinary matrix environment
• Can do mentality
• Able to think strategically and tactically with the “big picture” in mind
• Ability to work in cross-functional / cross-cultural / multinational teams to generate "buy-in" and align stakeholders on decisions while generating enthusiasm for the agreed path forward
• Able to work successfully with GMAP SME, vendors, consultants and academics across different countries
• High levels of initiative, drive and commitment
• Ability to prioritize among large volumes of diverse projects and activities
Job Segment: Neurology, Consulting, Pharmaceutical, Project Manager, Healthcare, Technology, Science, Research