Gerente de Investigación Site Puerto Vallarta - Mexico
Dupont Biosciences (company)
We celebrate diversity of thought and experience and truly believe that our inclusive and collaborative culture strengthens our organization.
Our aim is to enable EVERY individual in our company to share their ideas to leverage richer perspectives and find innovative solutions to solve the world´s biggest challenges. Working TOGETHER works!
We want to bring on board an Agronomy professional to Lead the overall operation of the NRSP center and ensures resources are aligned with product demands from breeding projects. Supervise and directs the work of research scientists and SRAs at the site while encourages the adoption of technology and practices that make more efficient and reliable the production of seed and data while identifies internal and external customer needs.
Also, will be responsible for developing registration strategies for new products or registered products according to regulatory environment and new trends.
Main responsibilities will be:
1. Works in conjunction with Research Director and regional Business Director to establish site goals consistent with global business goals which reflect internal and external customer needs.
2. Provides management, scientific leadership and creativity when initiating, designing, and executing research projects.
3. Maintain good relationships with official authorities in order to allow the execution of company plans and keep good compliance with local and federal regulations.
4. Monitors projects progress and meets with participating researchers/employees to identify problems and opportunities impacting the site performance.
5. Remains current on new technology by participating in professional meetings, career development activities and by encouraging others to bring information into research activities.
6. Look for opportunities to establish new projects at the site.
7. Organizes and supervises the work of other employees and ensures enough seasonal employees are hired timely.
8. Recruits, hires, orients, supervises and evaluates employees’ performance.
9. Implements and monitors safe working practices.
10. Ensure compliance in all core values.
11. Develops and administers annual budgets.
We offer the opportunity of being part of a unique experience because of the merge that DuPont and Dow are going through, on a position that will lead one of the main sites in México.
PhD in agriculture or scientific field and minimum of 6 years’ of industry related experience handling large groups and effectively delivering on goals
• Knowledge of new technology applications.
• Supervision/management, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Decision making, problem solving
• Computer skills.
• Understanding of the business.
• Fully bilingual (English and Spanish)
If you want to be part of this huge challenge, will be waiting for your Cv!