General Mechanic - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- You would be responsible for the overall accomplishment of facility and production corrective and preventative maintenance activities; procurement and inventory of maintenance shop items; and coordination of repair activities and services from outside vendors.
- In this role, you would install, maintain and repair machinery, equipment, physical structures and pipe and electrical systems in manufacturing establishments.
- We are seeking strong mechanical, electrical, and HVAC skills.
- Our company offers a competitive wage, paid vacation, and a strong 401K plan.
- Come join our community of solvers!
This position will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Visually inspects and tests pumps, valves, filters, housing, HVAC systems, electrical components, labeling equipment, boxing equipment, conveyors and associated drives and safety equipment on a periodic basis.
- Performs plant maintenance procedures for all plant equipment and administers those procedures.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears and other parts of machinery.
- Assembles and repairs gauges, valves and related equipment.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as grinder and drills to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs, fixtures and tools.
- Repairs office equipment and sets up conference rooms.
- Must have demonstrated human relations ability to show teamwork and resolving problems together; ability to develop effective working relationships with outside vendors, contractors and customers as well as internal personnel.
- Possesses knowledge of and follows all company safety rules and regulations
- At our company, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future.
- If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join our company and discover The miracles of science.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Three to five years of mechanic experience
- Must have experience or knowledge of general maintenance tools, HVAC equipment/tools and electrical equipment/tools
- Must be willing and able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently with or without accommodation
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and visual acuity and be willing and able to stand, walk, stoop, bend, kneel, crawl, reach overhead, and climb stairs
- Must have the ability to interpret and apply instruction from blueprints and manuals to maintain existing equipment
- Must be willing and able to wear required PPE (personal protective equipment) such as a full face respirator, SCBA (self-contained breathing apparatus), safety glasses, steel toes, Tyvek, hearing protection and gloves
- Must have previous experience with manufacturing equipment, such as, pumps, valves, filters, conveyors, etc.
- Must be willing and able to work a rotating shift schedule, including days, evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime according to business need
- The following skill sets are preferred by the site:
- Trade school certification, journeyman certification, Electrical Certification and/or HVAC Certification
- HMI experience
- Using basic electrical tools
- Experience in chemical plant
- Experience in a manufacturing environment