This job is currently Archived,
General Manager - Supply Operations - India
Posted on : 11 April 2017
A brighter future
- We work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make a sustainable impact.
- We use science to advance industries, and as part of Research, Innovation and Supply, you will help find the biological answers and build the new businesses that can pave the way for a brighter future.
General Manager - Supply Operations, Patalganga Industrial Area - Mumbai
- To accommodate business growth and a consequent increase in production and supply chain needs, company plans to
- establish a new enzyme production and supply chain facility that is expected to be ready for operation in 2018 and will employ 150 people in the first phase, based in Patalganga industrial area near Mumbai.
- The new plant will produce enzymes using solid state fermentation and will also formulate enzymes imported from company's production sites outside India. At present, the key business areas for our company in India are household care, textiles, food & beverages, oil & fats, baking, and beverage alcohol markets.
- As the General Manager - Supply Operation, you will lead the site to ensure that the site lives up to all legal requirements and that various business licenses are maintained to secure operations, import and export. You will get the general understanding of different functions in our company and their responsibilities to navigate the landscape between technology and business, people and organization. You will oversee the line responsibility for the following functions:
- Site management
- SSF production and SCO operations
- Quality management and QC labs
- Maintenance and Utility functions (including ETP and water treatment plant)
- Facility Management (including IT, Security, canteen, employee transport and building maintenance)
- EHS and OHS
- Legal requirement / external affairs (Factories Inspectorate, MPCB, MIDC, MSEB, Labor inspector etc)
- Local Procurement
In this position you need to have:
- A strong scientific background, (preferably) with Masters degree in Chemistry/Biochemistry/Biotechnology/Chemical Engineering etc.
- 10 to 15 years of experience in leading a manufacturing site
- Rich and varied experience in production and supply operations
- Our company is the world leader in biological solutions.
- Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet’s resources and helping build better lives.
- As the world’s largest provider of enzyme and microbial technologies, our bio-innovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many other benefits that we rely on today and in the future.