General Laboratory Supervisor - United States
What differentiates us at Alcami? Our people.
Help shape the future of medicine and join us – we are a pharmaceutical contract development manufacturing organization (CDMO).
Alcami Corporation is the first company to offer a solution that is tailored to small and mid-size pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. We offer a range of services from four distinct pillars: Development Services, Analytical Testing, Drug Product, and APIs. Beyond that, we can integrate our services so customers experience a simplified engagement with a single project management relationship, full visibility from development into manufacturing, and shorter turnaround times. With six locations in the U.S. and a global location in The Netherlands, the Alcami family is growing rapidly. Picture yourself at Alcami and apply today.
Supervises the assignment and distribution of work to laboratory staff. This includes but not limited to training, scheduling, task assignments and manage project workflows. Ensures that deliverables are met or expectations are proactively managed towards alternative solutions. Communicates effectively across the organization. This position will not be directly responsible for evaluating employees but may be asked for input to evaluations.
As the General Laboratory Supervisor you will:
- Optimizes efficiency of the working environment of the group.
- Makes project/work assignments with communication of the expected timeline.
- Monitors the progress against the timeline.
- Provides troubleshooting support as needed.
- Effectively communicates across organization.
- Verifies that employees are properly trained in work assigned.
- Monitors the technique of individuals to ensure quality of work
- Support Supervisors/Managers as needed (i.e. Compliance Reports, Investigations, Deviations)
Qualifications for success:
Education: Bachelors with 2+ related experience in area to be supervised; or a combination of education and experience in area to be supervised would be considered.
- Demonstrated knowledge and hands on experience in the area of responsibility.
- Good understanding of the theoretical background/fundamentals of the work.
- Ability to motivate and communicate with staff to achieve goals.
- Basic problem solving.
- Consistent attention to details.
- Basic leadership skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Computer proficient.
- Strong work ethic.
- Strong team player attitude.
- Able to effectively train others.
What we offer you:
- In Wilmington, an onsite Learning Center for working parents
- Profit sharing bonus plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage from day one
- A menu of voluntary benefits including short & long term disability, life, accident, critical illness and hospital indemnity insurances
- Paid/flexible sick-leave, vacations, and holidays so you can take the time when you need it
- To complement your personal financial strategy, we also have 401(k) matching