Gene Therapy Business Operations Lead (m/f) Vienna Austria,
shire is the leading biotech company in rare diseases and sees a significant need for rare disease Innovation. one example is shire’s Gene therapy center austria. in the past years the company has established a solid Gene therapy platform based on adeno-associated viruses, which comprises vector optimization, analytical Assays, scale-up expertise and a GMP-compliant production process. the experience gained in the process is also offered to external partners.
about the role:
- together with the team, leads and defines the Business Strategy for Gene therapy
- coordinates Innovation strategy, continuous improvement and performance optimization initiatives for Gene therapy center austria (gtca) to improve the platform
- collects relevant Business Intelligence and conducts scouting of gt relevant technologies
- supports legal and contractual efforts for CMO agreements and relevant development partnerships
- owns gtca cost structure for external development projects and CMO programs
- owns and manages the gtca governance process, in alignment with other relevant departmens and forums
- provides business operation services to gtca
- routinely interfaces with all areas of management to ensure aligned progress and path forward.
- develops and maintains strong relationships at various levels with partners
- facilitates opportunities for gtca to enhance its presence in relevant forums, industry meetings and with potential external partners
skills you need:
- master’s degree in natural Sciences or a degree in business combined with relevant experience in Gene therapy/pharma/biotech
- solid experience (7+ years) in technical and cross-functional project teams
- experience in integrating related disciplinary knowledge
- general technical Operations and Process development experience including Clinical Development, Commercialization supply Operations, regulatory and Compliance experience, hands on technical experience would all be a great benefit to the role
- high drive, can-do attitude and a commitment to efficient processes and contributing to a high-performing team
- proven ability to effectively communicate internally and externally
- excellent Presentations skills
as a leading global Biotechnology company we have one mission every day: to lastingly improve the lives of people living with rare diseases. crucial to our mission are our employees – our biggest asset – who enjoy a range of benefits and Career opportunities, such as Trainee and Training programs, job rotations, apprenticeships, work-life balance (certified family friendly), company kindergarten, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. here you can learn more about shire in austria.
we offer outstanding opportunities to motivated people regardless of your gender, age, skin color, ethnicity, sexual orientation or physical handicaps. diversity is part of our success.
the minimum salary for this position is € 4.225,44 gross per month (full-time); increased payment is possible. we are looking forward to your application!
Find a Job Find Candidates