This job is currently Archived,
FSSC Associate P2P (6 months) - United Kingdom
Posted on : 04 July 2017
Purpose of the Position:
- Our company EMEA operates in 40 countries across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and is a regional business of our company.
- The Finance Shared Service Centre provides Accounts Payable, Travel & Entertainment, including payments, Record to Report (month end), Inter-company and Order to Cash services to 8 Affiliates in the EMEA region, who represent a total sales volume of EUR 449m.
- We employ approximately 20 employees across 3 process teams.
- Our aim is to provide standard, high performing and efficient services according to established Service Level Agreements.
- We strive to create advocates of our customers by exceeding their expectations.
- Our company has defined 7 core behavioral competencies that apply to each role:
- Customer Focus, Strategic Orientation, Innovation and Change, Results Orientation, Communication and Collaboration, Developing and Inspiring, Working
Core Tasks, Responsibilities and Authority:
Accounts Payable (AP)
- Provide support to the P2P process and other related processes.
- Focus on the accuracy of IMAP (invoice processing system) deliverables, ensuring invoices are being processed and paid and adhere to policies
- Resolve email/telephone/face to face queries from external vendors, internal stakeholders and from any service providers by liaising with other departments and/or vendors; prepare query analysis Assist in month end processes including performance metric generation as required
- Focus on all process documentation & opportunities to enhance process efficiency
- Assist with AP audits, obtaining documentation and providing information to auditors
- Assist with ad hoc AP requests from internal or external stakeholders, ensuring proper information is provided and processed in a timely fashion
- Be a role model for customer focused behaviour and maintain effective relationships with Affiliates and employees.
- Advise Affiliates/staff where procedures are not being followed and assist with corrective action. Maintain SOP library and ensure updated regularly.
- Drive continuous improvement in the FSSC.
- Identify and communicate risks and issues.
- Attend training and cross train to provide back up support for other positions in the T&E team.
- Participate in team, customer, FSSC or Finance meetings as requested.
- Complete all Compliance training as required for the role.
- Embed Compliance Culture across all areas of the business ensuring Integrity in Action is actively applied in all initiatives.
- Ensure adherence to company policies relating to Ethics and Compliance standards.
- The FSSC handles approximately 35,000 individual transactions per year across all 3 processes areas.
- Of those we process approximately 9,000 third party invoices, 13,000 expense claims/HCP/MDM transactions and make 1000 payments per year on behalf of 8 Affiliates (customers) including European and Global vendor extensions for all EMEA Affiliates.
Internal Employees at all levels within the UK Departmental associates and managers Other finance staff | External Vendors Customers
Specific Physical Abilities:
Some travel in the UK and Europe (including overnight stays)
Specific Environmental Factors:
Based at the EMEA Operations Headquarters - Chertsey, Surrey, UK Willing to work additional hours and/or travel as required by the business.
Competencies | Experience
- Customer Focus: anticipating internal and external customer needs and taking action to exceed their expectations.
- Results Orientation: sets ambitious targets and is relentless in delivering against them.
- Communication and Collaboration: Fosters cooperation and teamwork.
- Respects others and embraces individual or cultural needs.
- Team player, adaptable depending on workload Pro-active, responsible for own work Accurate, numerate Persistent Ability to communicate effectively with suppliers and staff Willingness to adapt within a changing environment
- 1-3 year experience in using financial systems, specifically accounts payable modules (SAP preferable) and Excel is essential
- Knowledge of payment processing
- Experience of a similar large multi-national organisation in a finance function
- Experience in using a workflow management tool is preferable Shared services experience is an advantage