FSSC Associate P2P (6 months) - United Kingdom
- Our company operates in 40 countries across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and is a regional business of our company.
- The Finance Shared Service Centre provides Accounts Payable, Travel & Entertainment, including payments, Record to Report (month end), Inter-company and Order to Cash services to 8 Affiliates in the EMEA region, who represent a total sales volume of EUR 449m.
- We employ approximately 20 employees across 3 process teams. Our aim is to provide standard, high performing and efficient services according to established Service Level Agreements. We strive to create advocates of our customers by exceeding their expectations.
- Our company has defined 7 core behavioral competencies that apply to each role:
- Customer Focus, Strategic Orientation, Innovation and Change, Results Orientation, Communication and Collaboration, Developing and Inspiring.
- The following job description is intended to describe the general nature of the job that may include other duties as assumed or assigned; it is not intended to be all-inclusive or limit of the duties of the position.
Core Tasks, Responsibilities and Authority:
Accounts Payable (AP)
- Provide support to the P2P process and other related processes. Focus on the accuracy of IMAP (invoice processing system) deliverables, ensuring invoices are being processed and paid and adhere to policies Resolve email/telephone/face to face queries from external vendors, internal stakeholders and from any service providers by liaising with other departments and/or vendors; prepare query analysis
- Assist in month end processes including performance metric generation as required
- Focus on all process documentation & opportunities to enhance process efficiency
- Assist with AP audits, obtaining documentation and providing information to auditors
- Assist with ad hoc AP requests from internal or external stakeholders, ensuring proper information is provided and processed in a timely fashion
- Be a role model for customer focused behaviour and maintain effective relationships with Affiliates and employees.
- Advise Affiliates/staff where procedures are not being followed and assist with corrective action.
- Maintain SOP library and ensure updated regularly.
- Drive continuous improvement in the FSSC.
- Identify and communicate risks and issues.
- Attend training and cross train to provide back up support for other positions in the T&E team.
- Participate in team, customer, FSSC or Finance meetings as requested.
- Complete all Compliance training as required for the role.
- Embed Compliance Culture across all areas of the business ensuring Integrity in Action is actively applied in all initiatives.
- Ensure adherence to company policies relating to Ethics and Compliance standards.
- The FSSC handles approximately 35,000 individual transactions per year across all 3 processes areas.
- Of those we process approximately 9,000 third party invoices, 13,000 expense claims/HCP/MDM transactions and make 1000 payments per year on behalf of 8 Affiliates (customers) including European and Global vendor extensions for all EMEA Affiliates.
- Internal Employees at all levels within the UK Departmental associates and managers Other finance staff
- External Vendors Customers
Specific Physical Abilities:
Some travel in the UK and Europe (including overnight stays)
Specific Environmental Factors:
Willing to work additional hours and/or travel as required by the business.
Competencies | Experience
- Customer Focus: anticipating internal and external customer needs and taking action to exceed their expectations.
- Results Orientation: sets ambitious targets and is relentless in delivering against them.
- Communication and Collaboration: Fosters cooperation and teamwork.
- Respects others and embraces individual or cultural needs.
- Team player, adaptable depending on workload Pro-active, responsible for own work Accurate, numerate Persistent
- Ability to communicate effectively with suppliers and staff Willingness to adapt within a changing environment
- 1-3 year experience in using financial systems, specifically accounts payable modules (SAP preferable) and Excel is essential
- Knowledge of payment processing Experience of a similar large multi-national organisation in a finance function
- Experience in using a workflow management tool is preferable Shared services experience is an advantage.