Frontend Engineer for a Personalized Medicine big data platform for Cancer - Spain
- Our company researchers participate in major International Genomic Initiatives such as the International Cancer Genome Consortium , the International Human Epigenome Consortium (IHEC), the International Rare Diseases Research Consortium and the European Infrastructure for life-science information (ELIXIR), as well as in several EU-funded projects.
- We are looking for a front end engineer for a large scale Personalized Medicine Project in Cancer, recently funded by the Catalan Department of Health
- The project aims to pilot a cancer clinical-genomics platform for the Catalan Health System, based on the RD-Connect platform developed at our company in the framework of an European Project.
- The applicant will collaborate with world-class research groups, participating in the design and development of the database and portal for the Cancer Genomics platform using a mix of languages and tools to process and display the data. Technologies currently in use include Hadoop, ElasticSearch, Postgres, Scala and Angular.
- herefore, experience using multiple programming languages and paradigms is required and experience using large datasets is desirable
- We offer a competitive salary for two years , with possibility of extension and career development.
- Participate in the design, development and maintenance of the clinical genomics platform client applications.
- Visualize in meaningful and elegant way different big data sets.
- Improve user experience.
- Integrate analysis tools.
- Integrate with other databases/platforms.
- Collaborate with data analysts and back-end developers.
- Interact with national and international partners.
- Assist in scientific communication.
- BSc or higher in Software Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or similar. MSc or PhD will be highly valued.
- A minimum working experience of 1 year in frontend development on Unix operating systems.
- Experience with angular 2 will be valued.
- Experience with HTML, CSS (Bootstrap / zurb foundation or similar).
- Experience with at least one tools for front end workflow task automation (bower, grunt or similar).
- Experience with front end testing will be valued.
- Experience with scientific data visualization and/or d3.js, plotly.js, Cytoscape.js or similar will be highly valued.
- Good spoken and written English.