This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 16 November 2016
We are looking for a motivated Front-End Web Developer to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the product manager and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other developers in the team
- Can develop ownership of a product or feature
- Has built cool stuff before
- Good understanding of a JS framework like AngularJS, EmberJS, ReactJS or equivalent.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Experience with Ruby (on Rails) is a plus - but not a requirement. You will have to be work within different Rails Applications
- Interest in Data Science technologies
What we offer:
In addition to joining an innovative, flexible and data-driven start-up, you ll enjoy the following:
- A salary, of course
- Stock options in an early stage start-up with a lot of growth potential
- Flexibility: Want to work from home? Want to take a week off to go on holidays? Want to work different hours? We can work something out
- Exciting job that will offer you technical challenges on a daily basis
- Opportunity to work in an internationally focused, fast-paced technology start-up
3000 Leuven Belgium Flemish Brabant Flanders Belgium
Find a Job Find Candidates