The team is responsible for the perfect design of the user interface. Visualization of Big Data is a new and challenging field which demands high creativity both in design and development.
You can make the difference with your ideas and implementation of user interfaces, dashboards and don’t make-me-think-like GUI’s.
As the requirements of our products are at a very high level, requirements for the personnel are similar. Therefore he or she needs outstanding technical skills, understanding of systems used in the context of Big Data Integration, web development, linked data/ semantic web, as well as good communication skills.
- Reports to the Development Director
- Be able to translate a graphical design into a working website, consistently
- Fix bugs, update software versions and participate in the improvement of the software
- Work closely with the software architects and team members, and ensure up-to-date technical knowledge for yourself and for the team
- Develop and perform software system testing, integration testing and validation procedures
- University degree in engineering (or equal by experience)
- At least 2 years of front-end development
- Experience with TDD/BDD (rspec/cucumber/jasmine)
- Other technical knowledge is an advantage
- Have spoken and written knowledge of English
- Good communicator
- Fast learner
- Hands-on mentality
- Precise and thorough
- Able to cope with the requirements of a startup environment. High pace of change, rethinking existing processes and technologies
- Able and wanting to work in an environment which offers a high degree of freedom, demands initiative and expects responsibility
- Thinking in terms of solutions
- To continue where others stop, in order to solve root causes instead of producing fixes
- Think out-of-the-box while keeping the basics in mind
- Able to work in a multi-cultural and multi-site context
- Eager to come to results