For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced Formulations Technician I for our Safety Assessment site located in Ashland, OH.
Responsible for preparation of test materials and dietary admixtures for dose administration, as well as, inventory and final disposition of test materials.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Formulations Technician I position.
- Read and review relevant sections in study protocols and amendments, and follow directions therein.
- Assist in setting up calculation/verification data prior to study initiation.
- Verify preparation of test materials prior to dose administration.
- Prepare test article/substance dosage solution/suspension(s), ensure preparation procedures and calculations are standardized, performed consistently and recorded correctly by the technical personnel.
- Prepare labels and samples.
- Receive all incoming test articles/substances and reagents.
- Review documentation for the use of all test articles/substances and vehicles/reagents to ensure consistency and correctness.
- Collect analytical samples and ship to outside testing facility.
- Return test article/substance(s) from completed studies to sponsor.
- Calculate basic mathematical calculations related to sample preparations (stock standards, serial dilutions).
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet