Formulations Scientist - Parenterals Charleston United States,
FORMULATIONS SCIENTIST – PARENTALS
Alcami is a leading provider of services that encompass the entire process of pharmaceutical drug development from discovery through commercialization. We specialize in analytical chemistry, formulation development, clinical packaging, oral drug delivery and contract manufacturing. The company has experienced significant growth and we have continued to attract the most highly skilled professionals in the industry.
With nearly 1,000 employees operating out of seven sites in the US and Europe, our combined capabilities include API development and manufacturing are worldly recognized. Come join our team!
Our sterile manufacturing facility is located in Charleston, SC, a vibrant city well-known for its coastal beauty, climate, cultural arts, and thriving business environment. Recently, Charleston received 1st place honors as the “Most Livable City in America” (US Conference of Mayors).
The Scientist, Formulations Development, will support preformulation laboratory activities for early stage Formulation development of liquid drug products for new chemical entities or new dosage forms for existing drugs.
- Develops solutions, lyophilized and injectables.
- Develops sterile parenterals and oral liquids, lyophilized products, liposomal delivery systems.
- Assists in implementing new methods/processes to solve problems.
- Documents results in laboratory notebook.
- Operates equipment in accordance with standard procedures.
- Writes client communications, deviations, specifications and investigations.
- Reviews own work and conducts peer review.
- Interacts with clients and participate in FDA and/or client audits.
- May participate in scientific conferences and contribute to scientific journals.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- BS in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry or equivalent with 5-8 years of experience or MS in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry or equivalent with 3+ years of experience or Ph.D. with 2+ years of experience.
- Requires experience in parenterals development and scale up or process development. Familiarity with cGMPs and regulatory requirements for pharmaceuticals and biologicals is required. Knowledge of early phase drug development and the use of relevant physicochemical properties for solutions development is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
We invite all qualified applicants to apply. We offer competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and opportunity for advancement.
Alcami is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Find a Job Find Candidates