Formulation Scientist - United States
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
- Key member of the product development team working. The selected individual will work in a multifunctional team and interact with people in different functions and regions.
- Resin formulation and application development of carbon fiber reinforced polymer composites for next generation materials
- Design of experiments and use statistical tools to analyze data
- Establish structure/property relationships of materials to develop theories and understanding of materials behavior
- Work closely with process engineering to ensure successful scale up of new products
- Conduct literature search and patent monitoring to gain insight of industry and technology trends.
- Write project reports and preparing presentations
- Participate in Health, Safety & Environmental initiatives as set for by the company
- Provide support to customers by working collaborative with our Technical Service organization
- Formulation experience, in particular thermosets. Skill in formulation is the basic requirement for this position.
- Knowledge and experience with Six-Sigma tools.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of composite materials
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements.
- Project leadership skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills to clearly define customer’s needs and communicate results with interpretation.
- Ph.D. Degree in Polymer Chemistry or Polymer Engineering. Ph.D degree in other science/engineering disciplines with relevant experience will be considered.
- Education in formulation chemistry is essential. Academic studies and on the job training are acceptable.
Entry level (0 to 2 years)