Formulation Laboratory Technician I - United States
Charles River (company)
Prepare article/substance dosage solutions/suspensions according to client specifications for use in toxicology studies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform preparation of test article/substance dosage solution/suspension(s), ensure preparation procedures and calculations are standardized, performed consistently and recorded correctly by the technical personnel.
- Prepare labels and samples.
- Receive all incoming test articles/substances and reagents.
- Ensure that the documentation for the use of all test articles/substances and vehicles/reagents to ensure consistency and correctness.
- Responsible for the sampling and the shipment of the samples.
- Maintain cleanliness and general appearance of the Formulations Laboratory.
- Ensure that test article/substance(s) from completed studies are returned to the sponsor or reassigned to another protocol.
- Responds to Quality Assurance audits of preparation procedures and calculations.
- Ensure all chemistry data is submitted to Senior Scientist for weekly review.
- Maintain an up to day inventory of reagents, test article/substance, vehicles and samples.
- Review chemistry data on a daily basis and finalizing chemistry data for submission at completion of study.
- Prepare accurate packing list for the shipment of test article/substances and samples to the sponsor and/or analytical laboratory. Notify appropriate personnel of shipments.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Education: Bachelor’ degree (B.S.) or equivalent
- Experience: Minimum of 0 to 2 years experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None
- Other: Working knowledge of GMP/GLP's a preferred. GLP environment requires attention to detail strong organizational skills and accurate record keeping competencies
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet