Forensic Chemist, Forensic Services Laboratory EMEA Job - Switzerland
- Our company is looking for a Forensic Chemist to join the Forensic Services Laboratory in Switzerland.
- Reporting to the Forensic Laboratory Lead, the Forensic Scientist will be responsible for the direct level of professional forensic science analysis and provide expert level of forensic analysis on the testing of suspected counterfeit, diverted, tampered, and other illicit company products.
- You will provide the necessary level of forensic capacity and capability to identify, characterize, and report on suspected counterfeit and other illicit company products in a manner consistent with the Product Integrity mission and in compliance with ass me sensitive workflows on a global scale.
Main accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Evaluate evidence submitted to the Forensic Services Laboratory to provide the best professional scientific examinations;
- Support the development of new analytical methods for counterfeit drug detection and characterization, including research and validation of new or existing techniques, procedures, methods, and instruments used in the laboratory;
- Participate in the quality management system and in the quality assurance evaluations through internal and external quality system audits; competency and proficiency testing; and facilitate in the improvement of the laboratory systems;
- Maintain and evaluate laboratory procedures, quality standards, and application of best practices to assess system enhancements and incorporate industry advances;
- Maintain and support evidentiary admissibility standards;
- Compile statistical data and maintain records; write scientific reports; and present and interpret analytical results;
- Testify in court as a subject matter expert witness regarding laboratory operations, physical evidence, forensic results, scientific analysis, and case knowledge;
- Coordinate and collaborate with investigators, law enforcement agencies and prosecutors;
- Serve as a scientific and technical subject matter expert on forensic testing for the detection, identification, and characterization of illicit company products;
- Laboratory Management and Organizational Leadership;
- Consult with the Laboratory Lead to assess instruments, equipment, and tools are appropriately well maintained and operational to allow for maximum efficiency and protection from evidence contamination;
- Consult with the Laboratory Lead regarding the operation of the Forensic Services Laboratory; ensuring the examination, analysis, and interpretation of physical evidence meets the appropriate standards in the scientific investigation of pharmaceutical crimes;
- Consult with the Laboratory Director and Laboratory Lead to develop short and long term planning strategies based on forensic standards and best scientific practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Forensic Science, Chemistry, or related scientific field; advanced degree (MSc, PhD) preferred;
- Minimum of 3 years of prior relevant laboratory experience or a graduate degree in relevant scientific field; experience in Forensic Sciences is advantageous;
- Demonstrated expert understanding of the principles and practices, applications, concepts, theories, and limitations of methods associated with forensic science and analytical counterfeit drug detection;
- Demonstrated ability to provide subject matter expert witness testimony based on scientific analysis;
- Strong commitment to safety and compliance requirements and laboratory accreditation standards;
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing and distribution operations (GxP etc.) and counterfeit drug detection and investigations is highly preferred;
- Experience interacting with and supporting senior leadership;
- Proven expert ability to plan, direct, organize, and coordinate projects;
- Demonstrated ability to identify and analyze problems, identify and evaluate alternative solutions, make decisions or recommendations, resolve problems, and consult with appropriate staff and resources as needed, based on knowledge, experience, and expertise;
- Ability to champion new ideas or positions to meet key laboratory goals and initiatives;
- Strong oral and written communication and analytical skills;
- Ability to work in highly collaborative and matrixed environment;
- Innovative, independent, and able to manage an aggressive workload in a high performing environment;
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written; additional strong language skills in German are preferred.
Job Segment: Quality Assurance, Scientific, Compliance, Chemist, Scientist, Technology, Engineering, Legal, Science