Firmware Developer - Canada
Posted on : 08 May 2017
- We are looking for an inventive Firmware Developer to join our R&D team in the development of embedded systems for integration into partner VR/AR systems, consumer wearables, and surgical simulators.
- As a member of a small but dynamic team of engineers, you will be responsible for design, development, integration, and release of the real-time embedded control firmware and processing algorithms that power our company’s advanced 3D measurement and motion tracking systems.
- The work includes the development of real-time control and data processing algorithms and communication protocols.
- The successful candidate will be working in collaboration with our team of professionals at the Ascension Technology Corporation office.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Design and generate embedded software to Ascension’s internal software development standards, and produce associated technical documentation to meet design control requirements
- Prepare material and participate in software peer reviews
- Integrate embedded software with the target hardware
- Integrate embedded system with the related host-side drivers and applications
- Ensure completion is timely, striving to meet or exceed project milestones
- Our company is committed to achieving excellence in our Quality activities, which is dependent upon the processes, practices, and employees of our company.
- Our objective is to maintain a Quality Management System in compliance with ISO 9001, ISO 13485, the US FDA Quality System Regulation as well as any additional regulatory requirements of the markets in which our products are sold.
- Employees of our company are instrumental to our compliance efforts and are required to understand and comply with the QMS.
- The Firmware Developer is accountable for delivering quality software artifacts, which are designed, documented, developed and tested to meet company design control requirements.
Education and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- 5+ years of recent hands-on experience coding and software design
- Proficient in C/C++, object oriented code, and experience developing multithreaded applications
- Sound problem-solving skills
- Good personal organization, good general communication skills, ability to communicate knowledge well both in writing and orally
Desired Characteristics/Additional Assets:
- Experience with commercial RTOS packages
- Experience with Analog Devices Cross-Core and ARM development tools
- A working understanding of SPORT, I2C, and SPI communication channels, as well as DMAs and high-speed data acquisition
- Strong mathematics background
- Experience with Board Support Packages