Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst - Germany
- Our company is a leading company in the enzymes business worldwide.
- We are a reliable partner for customers in the food, feed and industrial enzymes businesses.
- Product excellence and innovation are among our key strengths and our customers value these highly.
- We conduct commercial operations globally and you will operate within a highly profitable growing business, whilst being part of one of the UK’s largest PLC’s.
- If you apply successfully for this job, you will join us at an exciting time.
- With fantastic growth in recent years, we are now working to ensure that this growth can continue for many years to come.
- We have recently completed our five year strategy and you in your new role will be instrumental in shaping the future of our innovative and expanding business.
- You will work under the direction of the FP&A Manager of our company and complement the FP&A team with a dedicated focus on manufacturing, sales and business analytics.
- You will give key support to the business teams, R&D and manufacturing in ensuring they have the highest quality analytics for decision making while providing advice, influence and challenge on these decisions to drive the group’s strategic vision.
- As FP&A Analyst you will deputise for the FP&A Manager and will be expected to influence more senior colleagues on matters beyond finance.
- International travel is required for short intervals, 6-8 times per year.
- This role will ideally suit an international thinking, high calibre individual with the ambition and determination to help drive the long-term growth of a leading company in the enzyme industry.
- The individual will flourish in our international working environment, which provides the ideal setting to develop yourself personally and professionally.
Provide decision support to management on short term and long term objectives, assessing the viability of projects and ensuring profitable growth through continuous monitoring of these objectives. This includes acquisitions, plant expansions, supply chain enhancements, market growth, sales region attractiveness and R&D project viability.
Supporting the manufacturing operations you will deputise for the plant controller to support a wide variety of manufacturing support tasks including: product costing, operational performance analysis, cost analysis and monthly reporting. Further you will develop business scenario modelling to evaluate investment decisions and carry out post investment reviews. The possibility of secondment abroad to further develop the successful candidate may also be explored.
Build financial models to support the business decision making. This covers all aspects of analysis to support and enhance decision making including: pricing decisions, customer/product profitability and segmental/regional profitability.
Present insight and recommendations to the business teams on a regular base in the form of reports and analysis as well as representation in business teams, R&D, supply chain and manufacturing meetings.
Produce comprehensive, high quality and timely business analytics (Sales analysis, segmental reporting, and regional performance evaluation). Analyse current sales, market & cost trends and develop business analyses to support decision making.
Provide detailed analysis to the Reporting Manager who leads the budget and forecast processes, on sales, product costs, and margins; by working closely with manufacturing, sales and marketing teams.
Acting as a Key user for SAP to ensure data integrity and identify & drive system changes to further enhance the information and decision making capabilities that are available to the business.
Be a role model in identifying process and system improvements as part of the continuous improvement culture. Consistently engage team members in seeking out opportunities for improvement. Effectively engage in projects and business initiatives across functions, identify potential future business impacts and evaluate financial implications.
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance, economics or similar. Qualified Management Accountants (CIMA) would hold a distinct advantage.
- Experience of operating in a technically complex manufacturing environment, particularly in an analytical role is desirable.
- English fluency, both spoken & written is a must. German is desirable. Finnish would be an asset.
- Strong analytical, numerical and IT skills. Demonstrated capability with MS Excel is essential for business financial modelling. Experience with SAP is desirable although other major ERP systems would be an asset.
- Must have sound business acumen, understand and have experience of product costing, business analytics and P&L and balance sheet dynamics.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and aptitude for building relationships and interacting professionally with all levels of the organisation.
- Develop confidence in presenting both verbal and written information to senior management, as well as challenging business managers beyond finance on their assumptions.
- Strong planning and organising skills with the ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a collaborative team.