Financial Analyst - Supply Chain - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 15 April 2017
- Employees of our company work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
- As part of the MD Global Supply Chain, it is a central entity that owns all goods and manages financial flows related to European distribution for MD EMEA (and affiliate deliveries from Europe to rest of world). The GMED Finance Team is transitioning into a best in class end-to-end Supply Chain FP&A Center of Excellence.
- The Financial Analyst - Supply Chain has different responsibilities.
- This role is a ‘Key Account Manager’ with respect to one or more franchises and provides analytical, reporting and business partnering support.
- In addition, this role has direct ownership for the Sales/COGS activities as ‘Process Owner/Expert’ and might also be involved in different projects.
- This position is part the GMED finance team and will report to the Senior Finance Analyst.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities of our new Financial Analyst - Supply Chain include:
- Monthly Sales & COGS reporting and reconciliation in a global and virtual environment (Sales: > € 3 Billion).
- Ensure seamless monthly closing in close collaboration with Shared Service Center, Customer Services and Supply Chain Management and by taking appropriate and timely actions where needed.
- Systematically analyze trends and deviations in collaboration with worldwide franchises and GMED Finance Management.
- Ensure transparency of GMED's financial results by leading regular business reviews with stakeholders in franchises.
- Assure Financial Planning & Analysis for GMED.
- Closely collaborate with the Supply Chain, Customer Services and Hedging team and share info with the financial analysts representing sourcing companies (Key Accounts).
- Support Budget/updates & LT preparation.
- Represent GMED and contribute in ad-hoc projects.
- Actively support continuous improvement of quality, efficiency and speed of Sales/COGS & Sourcing related key processes.
- Document analyses, controls and reports in accordance with company policies and procedures (SOX).
- Be an active and constructive member of the Finance Team.
- Master's degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Controlling, Audit or equivalent preferred.
- 1-2 year’s post-graduate experience in multi-national company & supply chain environment is a plus.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of Dutch and/or French is a plus
- Highly motivated, proactive and results-driven team player, thrives in matrix organization
- Possess and promote values consistent with company Credo.
- Strong analytical skills in financial area. Strong in producing actionable financial information.
- Resilient and flexible to change, ability to manage complex and ambiguous situations.
- Well organized, very accurate and compliance driven. Able to deal with tight reporting timelines.
- Team player with good communication skills and customer oriented, aiming at effective collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Positive attitude towards change - willing to contribute in other financial domains and processes in a rapidly growing and changing environment.
- Problem Solving and Process Improvement Skills.
- Good computer literacy: knowledge of JD Edwards or other ERP systems. Strong in MS Excel and other analytical/database tools (Access …).
- As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
- As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
- Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
- Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.