Financial Accountant - United States
Are you looking for a challenge within a dynamic global organisation or a German family business? At B. Braun you can find both. For more than 175 years and counting, B. Braun is amongst the world's top healthcare companies operating in 64 countries, with over 55,000 experts networking their knowledge every day. You can thrive in this strong culture of continuous exchange. Become a part of the B. Braun family and share your expertise. Together we improve healthcare.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic.
- Position Summary:
- This position assists with the management of the company’s capital assets and other accounting requirements. Asset management is an integral part of the accounting process as well as being vital to the company in tracking capital spending.
- Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Assist with maintenance, configuration, & development over Asset Accounting, Investment Management, and Project Systems for all US/Canada companies.
- Analyze fixed asset accounts for accuracy monthly by compiling fixed asset general ledger account reconciliations.
- Create, monitor, and close internal order and WBS elements.
- Analyze, interpret, and provide reports in accordance with established policies.
- Coordinate tax book calculations, additions, retirements, settlements, transfers, and depreciation of fixed assets for all US/Canada companies.
- Investigate and resolve management questions and other business needs.
- Support annual reporting, including assisting external auditors and answering auditor inquiries.
- Assist with implementation of emerging guidance and changing regulations, as needed.
- Analyze/refine internal control structure over fixed assets, including assisting management with updating fixed asset policies.
- Create and post various other general ledger journal entries and analyze/reconcile various general ledger work papers to the general ledger.
- Assist with completion of mandatory U.S. government surveys that are due monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Understanding of accounting fundamentals (US GAAP, IAS).
- SAP Financial Systems (including fixed asset management) and Microsoft Applications (Excel/Word).
- Knowledge of department and company policies and procedures.
- Strong computer skills.
- Professional/effective communication skills (verbal/written).
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize/manage multiple tasks.
- Flexibility in meeting business and auditor requests.
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team setting as well as independently.
- Proactive problem-solver, requiring little supervision.
- Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc.
- College BA/BS degree
- 1-3 years experience in financial analysis/accounting
- Understanding of fixed asset accounting.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
- Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
What we offer
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Physical presence is required during the accounting close, annual reporting, and audit.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.