Financial Accountant - 14 month Short Term Contract - United Kingdom
1. Preparation of MRL Statutory consolidated accounts for review by the Head of Financial Reporting & Compliance in collaboration with auditors, using detailed knowledge of local accounting regulations and generally accepted practice.
2. Support the development and maintenance of key financial controls in line with approved DFPs and good practice to protect company assets and ensure financial, legal and tax regulatory compliance.
3. Manage one direct report ensuring deadlines for internal and external reporting are met and timely payments of taxes due. This includes setting clear goals in line with the Finance and Organisational strategy, reviewing and monitoring performance against these goals and developing and motivating the team to deliver to a high standard.
As Soon As Possible
1 Preparing MRL consolidated statutory accounts compliant to local accounting regulations and generally accepted practice in UK and to agreed deadlines in collaboration with the auditors and tax advisors
2. Review of domestic VAT return and responsible for ensuring the processes for collecting VAT information are efficient and compliant.
3. Responsible for treasury activities including cash flow management, payments of suppliers and bank account processing, ensuring agreed processes and controls are adhered to.
4. Preparation of monthly and quarterly US GAAP reports.
5. Preparation of tax schedules for the computation of the company’s tax liabilities. Ensure all taxes including advances are paid on time.
8. Reconcile balance sheet control accounts and resolve all outstanding queries timely.
9. Attendance at meetings / events which will sometimes be offsite
10. Other ad hoc duties to support the Financial Accounts Team & Directorate.
• Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or ACMA)
• First supervisory experience will be an advantage
• Logical and methodical working approach
• Able to estimate and prioritise work load time management
• Excellent attention to detail
• Able to work autonomously and as part of a team
• Excellent understanding of working processes, roles, and functions within Finance
• Good working knowledge and experience of using SAP
• A limited amount of travel outside the UK required