Amgen is searching for a Finance Manager in our Operations Finance team. This role will be based on our West Greenwich RI facility and will report to the Director of Finance.
As part of the Operations Finance organization, this Manager will be the Finance point of contact for certain cost centers assigned within the two manufacturing facilities. The Manager will have frequent interaction with senior leadership across the Rhode Island (ARI) and Massachusetts (AWM) Sites
Summary of key activities/responsibilities:
• Execution of all FP&A deliverables (e.g. budget, LE’s, LRPs, controlling, reporting, variance analyses)
• Support Site consolidation and analysis of actual monthly performance data for Site reflecting Operating Expenses, Site Reports, COGM, Dashboard, Capital, KPI report, Site Business Review Meeting, etc.
• Preparation of Budget and LE Site consolidated presentations for Site management reflecting production data, operating expenses, headcount, COGM, Cost per Unit, waterfalls, etc. and execute submission to ATO Ops group, including coordination with site finance team.
•Perform analytical comparison and obtain explanations of changes between LE/Budget exercises per expense line items
• Provide support to the Capital budget and latest estimates process during the year
• Provide financial decision support including review and assessment of investments into new products implementations
• Provide high quality, timely and business-sense financial and/or technical advice to management and or peers.
Master’s degree AND 2 years of Finance experience
Bachelor’s degree AND 4 years of Finance experience
Associate’s degree AND 10 years of Finance experience
High school diploma / GED AND 12 years of Finance experience
• Bachelor’s degree supplemented with 6+ years of increasing responsibilities in a large global organizations, with strengths in economic analysis and evaluation
• MBA, CPA or CMA
• Biotech/pharmaceutical experience
• Strong analytical, problem solving abilities.
• Strong written and oral communications skills
• Ability to thrive in ambiguous situations and be a strategic thinker
• Strong leadership and influencing skills
• Strong technical finance skills (accounting, planning, modeling, etc)
• Strong overall knowledge of financial systems and tools (e.g. SAP, Hyperion, etc)
• knowledge of Lean / Sig Sigma Methodology and tools
Amgen discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen was one of the first companies to realize the new science’s promise by bringing safe, effective medicines from lab, to manufacturing plant, to patient. Amgen therapeutics have changed the practice of medicine, helping millions of people around the world in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and other serious illnesses. With a deep and broad pipeline of potential new medicines, Amgen remains committed to advancing science to dramatically improve people’s lives.
Advancing science and helping patients - these dual passions are ingrained in our culture. They drive our work, our values, and everything we do at Amgen. For staff around the world, our mission to serve patients and our commitment to science makes Amgen a place where we can make a positive difference in people's lives while pursuing a challenging and fulfilling career. To foster a setting in which all staff may excel, we support a variety of growth opportunities—from training and education to expanding current job responsibilities.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.