This job is currently Archived,
Finance Director, RMS Europe - United Kingdom
Charles River (company)
Posted on : 08 May 2017
Department Marketing Statement
- Our company is one of the world’s largest Contract Research Organisations with more than 10,000 employees in 26 countries and a market leader in the provision of product development services.
- We take a passionate approach to improving human and animal health.
- Our company is uniquely designed to meet the needs of our clients in the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Veterinary Medicine and Agrochemical sectors.
Accountable for planning, directing and controlling the finance functions for RMS Europe, including budget development and control, financial analysis, and merger & acquisition (M&A) activities. Assist with developing and implement a strategy for the business, ensuring alignment with the company’s overall business and financial strategies. Work alongside the business, supporting and advising strategic and operational decision making resulting in better business performance by: interpreting, explaining and driving performance within the business; presenting a dynamic industry, competitor and economic context, supporting and influencing key operational and strategic decisions; advising on key business planning opportunities; and providing ad-hoc analysis and insights on specific issues.
- Develop and administer accurate weekly and monthly forecasting and annual budget preparation; assume full accounting budgetary responsibility for assigned business.
- Prepare and present financials and key indicators for business reviews, management reporting, budget and strategic planning.
- Prepare analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual financials compared to forecast, budget and prior year, including market impacts, currency fluctuations, etc.
- Perform monthly analysis of revenue activities, including: monthly revenue verification; forecast variance analysis; contract reviews; bookings and cancellations reports; utilization; and pricing.
- Perform complex analyses including year-to-year comparisons and margins on new goods and/or services for forecasting and pricing purposes.
- Drive consolidated reporting, processes and system strategies within the region to help in ensuring consistency and best practices are in place.
- Provide direction and assistance with finance activities related to the integration of new business/acquisitions into CRL’s financial processes.
- Develop, implement and analyze appropriate key performance indicators optimally to improve business performance
- Develop, implement and analyze cost analytics, including but not limited to standard costings, absorption analysis for performance of the business.
- Develop, implement and analyze commercial analytics, such as customers, service line profitability and price/volume/mix.
- Develop, implement and analyze competitive intelligence. This includes understanding key competitors, monitoring and reporting financial performance where applicable and helping the business to determine strategies and tactics to respond to competitive dynamics.
- Assist Corporate Finance regarding the provision of information to internal and external auditors, including statutory reporting
- Partner with tax to ensure we are meeting obligations, effectively managing associated risks and ensuring local requirements such as statutory tax reporting are completed.
- Work closely with internal business partners, providing financial expertise on processes and value-added management to support them in achieving their objectives, including but not limited to inventory management
- Educate internal leaders on budget management to support good understanding of their accountability and ownership.
- Develop new approaches, processes or methods to solve new business problems, act as an agent of change and continuously reevaluating process to achieve expecting earnings growth.
- Coordinate and evaluate efficiency and procurement initiatives to ensure optimized margins, and proactively work with other segments to share best practice.
- Develop/understand economic ROI & payback associated with all material capital expenditures. Optimize free cash overseeing capital expenditure programs and projects (e.g., comprehensive Capital Expenditure Requisition (CER) review, tracking assigned CERs and resolving budgetary discrepancies).
- Working with Corporate Accounting, Shared Services and Controllers and Internal Audit staff, ensure company’s adherence to corporate governance standards (e.g. Sarbanes-Oxley), pertinent regulatory requirements and to corporate finance/accounting policies, practices and procedures.
- Collaborating across sites, segments and company Labs affiliates to identify and leverage best practices. This may include participation and leadership responsibilities on enterprise initiatives to help in improving organizational effectiveness.
- Responsible for personnel management activities of individuals and groups such as: scheduling, personnel actions (hiring, promotions, transfers, etc.), training and development, providing regular direction and feedback on performance, disciplinary actions and preparing and delivering annual performance and salary reviews.
- Develop short and long-range operating objectives, organizational structure, staffing requirements and succession plans.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of training programs, including orientation, and, as appropriate, education to non-finance staff.
- Support the policy of equal employment opportunity through affirmative action in personnel actions.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent required.
- Experience: Related experience in accounting or finance as well as experience in financial analysis.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: MBA, CPA, CMA, FP&A designation preferred.
- Other: Comprehensive understanding of operational, sales and financial issues for business unit required.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits package: pension plan, life assurance, annual bonus arrangement and private health care
- Excellent career development & training opportunities.
- Humane Care Initiative: CRL is a worldwide leader in the humane care of laboratory animals.
- Company & Team Volunteer Days: get paid to participate in One Day, the company Social Responsibility Program.
- Employee Engagement programming: Various social programming and events such as on-site team building, charity fundraising days, holiday festivities and ice cream days in the summer!
- Subsidised Staffroom.
- Free onsite car parking.