Filling Operator - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Are you looking for a challenge within a dynamic global organisation or a German family business? At B. Braun you can find both. For more than 175 years and counting, B. Braun is amongst the world's top healthcare companies operating in 64 countries, with over 55,000 experts networking their knowledge every day. You can thrive in this strong culture of continuous exchange. Become a part of the B. Braun family and share your expertise. Together we improve healthcare.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic.
- Position Summary:
- Under the direction of the Supervisor/Line Operator/Process Monitor, set up and operate equipment. Monitor material in order to maintain efficient flow of production. Inspect for quality. Complete necessary paperwork for the batch record.
- Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Review production work orders to verify that all components listed on the MPL are available in enough quantities to complete the job. Assist in the production operations.
- Follow all established procedures and policies.
- Perform necessary quality checks relative to the operation.
- Perform visual inspection during process operation per procedure.
- Inspect components, materials and product for proper identification, acceptable quality and correct quantity.
- Ensure manufacturing equipment has necessary supplies and materials for the process operation.
- Report quality deviations to Lead Person/Process Monitor.
- Perform run changes and line clearances per applicable SOPs.
- Complete appropriate documentation.
- Perform cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting of designated areas.
- Maintain work area in neat and orderly condition. Adhere to all safety and good housekeeping regulations.
- Perform related duties in other areas as needed
- Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Manual dexterity.
- Good communication skills with the ability to read, write, and understand job language in English.
- Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous manufacturing experience
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
- Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
What we offer
Other duties as assigned.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.