Field Training Manager - Neurology - Central and Eastern US - United States
Field Training Manager - Neurology - Central and Eastern US
432 - Regional Training
Central and Eastern U.S.; furthest Western city is Dallas, TX
No other global pharmaceutical company is focused solely on the brain. Lundbeck’s global legacy in neuroscience goes back six decades, and with it comes a tremendous level of expertise, commitment and energy – not to mention, responsibility to patients. We are radically changing the future, investing in long-term plays in research. As we define tomorrow, there is no question that the here and now is critical to bridge the future. Therefore, we continue to bring forward therapies to address symptomatic improvements to help people live better lives, while simultaneously pursuing disease-modifying treatments in pursuit of a cure. In fact, in the past seven years, Lundbeck has launched four neurology products addressing rare epilepsies and movement disorders.
Lundbeck operates within a unique corporate ownership structure: our company is 70% owned by a foundation established by the wife of our founder to ensure our continued ability to conduct difficult and time-intensive research. The Lundbeck Foundation contributes nearly $100 million to life sciences research each year and an additional 1 million euro for The Brain Prize to advance neuroscience research.
Create a learning environment that challenges account managers to elevate skills that produce results. Through a coordinated effort with Field Sales, Training and Marketing, they will focus on the development of selling skills, product knowledge and tools that support brand strategies. They will work to support sales management by teaching, coaching and training their account managers to agreed-upon objectives.
- Partners with Training leadership, Sales leadership, Marketing, Area Sales Managers and Account Managers to assess, design and deliver training solutions to meet identified objectives within the Neurology portfolio.
- Collaborates with Sales Management and Field Personnel to ensure optimal pull-through of all training programs.
- Conducts in-house and field-based training, and provides one-on-one coaching to new and existing account managers centering on three core competencies: selling skills, marketplace knowledge and clinical knowledge.
- Directly trains in-house and field-based programs, including but not limited to New Hire Training, Initial Sales Training Class (ISTC), CRM/BI, and Waypoint pulse trainings.
- Partners with Training leadership to lead Area Field Trainer activities and development, including hosting regular AFT calls, relating sales and training direction, and preparing AFTs to lead designated training workshops at various meetings.
- As part of the needs analysis process, gathers data to insure that field training initiatives are in alignment with the strategic focus for the specified business unit.
- Assists Sales Leadership with business analysis that helps identify and communicate business goals and results to field personnel.
- Executes blended training programs at initial sales training, national meetings, regional meetings, and other events. Assists in the creation of the agenda, builds tactics, organizes and handles logistics for program design and delivery.
- Coaches and trains sales account managers during training events/field travel. Assists field manager in ongoing development by providing written and verbal feedback.
- Reviews and contributes to classroom curriculum and works with training leadership to keep training current and relevant for the field, and plays a key role in the successful onboarding of new hires.
- Stays current with training technology by attending professional meetings and trainer development events.
- Assist sales management in hiring and actions related to retaining field employees.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years in pharmaceutical specialty sales and/or previous pharmaceutical sales training experience; one year of prior Lundbeck experience required
- Ability to develop/facilitate training classes/workshops
- Excellent communication/presentation skills (both oral and written)
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively both independently and/ or in a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (e.g. Power Point, Word, Excel)
- Excellent planning and organization skills
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Product or sales management experience
- Project management experience is a plus
- Neurology experience
- Alliance Management experience
- Willingness to travel up to 70 % domestically. International travel may be required.