- Our company is a global provider of solutions that advance the drug discovery and development process.
- Our leading-edge products and services are designed to enable our clients to bring drugs to market faster and more efficiently.
- These products and services are organized into three categories spanning every step of the drug development pipeline: Research Models and Services, Pre-clinical Services, and Clinical Services.
- Our customers include all of the global pharmaceutical and biotech companies, as well as government agencies, leading hospitals and academic institutions.
- Our company’s 10,000 employees serve clients in more than 50 countries.
- Provide regional field based, customer facing, technical services for endotoxin, rapid bio burden and microbial detection products and services.
- Identify and develop technical service contract sales opportunities.
- Participate in the development of the technical service sales contract portfolio.
- Also responsible for resolving client service issues and supporting client testing needs.
- Perform product installations at customer sites and manage the annual qualification program at assigned customers.
- Assist field sales personnel in product demonstrations, new customer training and product validations.
- Provide technical assistance and problem resolution to customers via telephone, email, or on site communication.
- Analyze and resolve routine and unique product performance and user error issues for an assigned region.
- Schedule on-site service visits for preventive maintenance and service calls for an assigned region.
- Complete all required field service activities and documentation as assigned based on specific product, customer and or standard operating procedural requirements.
- Provide analysis of instrument performance remotely and onsite for contract and billable customers.
- Promote and deliver service contracts to convert customers from billable to contract coverage.
- Promote the up-selling of contract services from the service sales contract portfolio.
- Responsible for completing all service and compliance documentation as required by company policy, cGMP and FDA.
- Maintain current understanding of emerging technologies and competitive products.
- Provide training documentation (SOP, package insert, manuals, etc) for products.
- Participate in special projects as assigned to support ongoing product development.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Advanced computer and math literacy required.
- Ability to understand, follow and edit Standard Operating Procedures.
- Operate in an FDA regulated environment and have an understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Must be a self-starter and strong team player who can work effectively in a fast paced business with global operations.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Prior experience with data entry into SAP, Salesforce or ServiceMax a plus. LAL experience a plus.
- Must regularly operate a computer and occasionally operate other office productivity machinery such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Regularly provides information to and receives information from/through various technologies, media, sources and contacts.
- Must be able to accurately exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works with computers.
- The employee could be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- General office working conditions; the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- Field based position with the ability to work from home.
- This position requires frequent domestic and may require frequent international travel depending on assigned region.
- Ability to travel with short notice if needed.