Field Service Technician (Remote field-based near Springfield, OH) - United States
The Field Service Technician is a home-office based position with daily travel to customers in the assigned territory. Ideal candidates will reside in or near Springfield, Ohio. There will be regular travel between the Dayton, Columbus, Cincinnati triangle with a rare potential for some longer overnight travel to other markets in the region. Company vehicle provided. 5-10% overnight travel possible.
BD Business Description
Pyxis® medication technologies combine proven technology with actionable intelligence to prevent medication errors, help free up caregiver time to focus on patient care, increase the predictability of medication availability, and reduce inefficiencies in the med use process. At almost every point in the med use process, safety and efficiency can be increased with the comprehensive capabilities of the Pyxis® medication management system. Learn more about Pyxis: http://www.carefusion.com/medical-products/carefusion-brands/pyxis
- Independently provide efficient and effective field services to all CareFusion BD dispensing customers in a timely manner, including, but not limited to, installations, training, in-servicing, repair, preventative maintenance, calibration and sales support.
- Maintain proper and accurate inventory for the purpose of service and follow approved policies and procedures for Inventory Controls.
- Provide accurate and timely documentation that details field activity (FSR's), expenses, time distribution and other information as required.
- Continue training and self-development to learn the products and applications of the Company. Will also attend management approved seminars and training sessions as required.
- Maintain company assets (car, tools and inventories) securely and in working order.
- Working knowledge of Corporate and Service Department procedures and policies, including customer complaint handling and Medical Device Reporting.
- Must reside in the area described above.
- Associate Degree or 3-5 years of related work experience
- 3 years of combination Hardware/Software/IT experience supporting both proprietary and standard applications.
- 24x7 on-call experience in a customer-facing environment required.
- Prior experience working in a pharmacy or hospital environment a plus
- Excellent mechanical, computer and time management skills required.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot hardware and software problems
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
- Upon hire must provide proof of and maintain current immunizations and obtain additional immunizations appropriate for the facility which enables access to customer sites in order to perform essential job functions. Proofs must include: Hepatitis B, Influenza (current year), MMR (mumps, measles, rubella), Varicella (chicken pox) Annual TB/PPD (skin test), Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis.