Field Service Technician I - Detroit, MI - United States
KARL Storz (company)
KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc., is an affiliate of KARL STORZ GmbH & Co. KG, an international leader for more than 70 years in reusable endoscope technology, encompassing all endoscopic specialties. Based in Tuttlingen, Germany, KARL STORZ GmbH & Co. KG is a family-owned company that designs, engineers, manufactures, and markets all its products with an emphasis on visionary design, precision craftsmanship and clinical effectiveness.
Headquartered in El Segundo, California, KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America is responsible for all U.S. distribution of endoscopes, instruments, imaging systems, electromechanical devices and OR1® integration technologies.
KARL STORZ is currently seeking a Field Service Technician I to join the Sales Repair Department’s Field Service Group based in Detroit, Michigan.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the primary responsibility of this role is to support the client’s partnership, service and functionality of endoscopic surgery instruments for leading medical organizations within a defined territory.
The Field Service Technician is responsible for the management of various KARL STORZ devices in one or multiple customer facilities. The primary market for this service is endoscopic surgeries in hospitals where purchasing new instruments, manpower, and over use of disposable instruments are issues.
The job responsibilities of the service technician are determined in the negotiations for service with the account(s) and may include the following:
Technician will work in the assigned account(s) Sterile Processing and O.R. departments with responsibility for inspection, repair (either performing or facilitating), and replacement of instruments that are damaged.
One of the primary goals of the technician position is to maintain the instrument sets so that they are always in good working order and ready for use.
The other primary goal is to keep repairs and replacement expenses within a predetermined budget for the account.
The technician will follow procedures for the inspection of the instruments and document his or her work. The technician may also work in the O.R. Functions here may include, transporting instruments, video or OR 1 inspection and trouble shooting. Inspection, repair, troubleshooting and replacement of KARL STORZ devices at the client site.
Transporting and cleaning instruments after use.
Manages instruments to ensure that they are always in excellent working condition thus eliminating the need for the use of disposable instruments.
Duties will vary depending on the agreement with the account.
- Our successful candidate will have excellent written and spoken English language business communication skills. They will also have demonstrated success working in a collaborative, service-oriented team environment.
- Education: High school diploma required
- Experience: 0 to 2 years of experience
- Possess exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent candidates for this position will have a minimum of 2 years of experience working in a hospital as a Certified Surgical Technologist or Nurse with O.R. experience
- The candidate must have excellent communication skills, as they will be required to work with SPD, O.R staff as well as surgeons and management from KARL STORZ
- Must possess an excellent work ethic and high standards for reporting their activities
- This position requires driving a vehicle that is owned, leased or rented by KS. To be eligible for this position, candidates:
- Must have a valid driver’s license in the state where the vehicle will be operated or in the state of residence.
- With convictions of one or more of the following offenses may not be eligible for this position:
- Conviction within 1 year of start date
- Three or more moving violations
- Conviction within 5 years of start date
- Being at fault in a fatal accident
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Reckless, negligent or careless driving
- Evading responsibility
- Two or more preventable accidents
This position requires driving a vehicle that is owned, leased or rented by KS. To be eligible for this position, candidates:
Must have a valid driver’s license in the state where the vehicle will be operated or in the state of residence.
With convictions of one or more of the following offenses not be eligible for this positon:
Conviction within 1 year of start date
Three or more moving violations
Two or more preventable accidents
Conviction within 5 years of start date
Being at fault in a fatal accident
Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Reckless, negligent or careless driving
Preferred, but not required:
Education: Associates Degree
KSEA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, KSEA complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.