This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 11 July 2017
- Our company is a leading company in the fast growing global life science supply industry.
- We are specialized in the development, production and distribution of automation solutions for laboratories in the market segments life sciences, clinical diagnostics and forensics.
- Founded in Switzerland in 1980, the company has manufacturing, research and development sites in Europe and North America and maintains a global sales and service network in 52 countries.
- You will have the unique opportunity to make an active contribution to the successful further development of our company.
- To complete our UK organization located in Reading, Berkshire we are seeking a Field Service Engineer
Field Service Engineer
- The Field Automation Specialist is responsible for Preventive Maintenance (PM s) and minor repairs on all company products.
- This position has direct and daily interaction with customers, Sales, and Field Automation Engineers/Specialist to resolve problems, offer advice and provide solutions. There is occasional interaction with the Operations and QC Departments to provide assistance with instrument status for customers.
Your main tasks:
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs on our company instruments
- Ability and willingness to maintain a travel schedule and to travel on short notice.
- Performs record keeping of service calls according to company policy.
- Maintains appropriate parts inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Provides back-up service support outside of assigned territory as needed.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, and reviewing technical publications.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to multi task
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong follow-up skills
- Ability to complete all tasks assigned in a timely fashion
- High level of commitment and initiative
- Willingness to disseminate new information obtained to automation team members
- Professional phone etiquette required
- Ability to interact effectively with diverse groups inside and outside of the organization
- Ability to work effectively with customers
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to travel up to 70% of the time
- Retains a valid driver s license
- Dependability is a must
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (including legible handwriting)
- A desire to make the difference!
- Proven team player
- BS degree in Life Science or Computer Science desired
- Electro/mechanical experience a plus
- Well-developed PC skill level, including MS Windows 2000/XP, Windows 7 and Office Suite
- Possess a valid driver's license If you are interested to work within an international and dynamic company, please send your application in English online.
Theale Reading UK
Find a Job Find Candidates