This job is currently Archived,
Field Service Engineer - Germany
Posted on : 08 May 2017
Our company is currently looking for a Field Service Engineer (FSE) responsible for technical support and service.
- The candidate will be responsible for responding to technical calls including periodic maintenance, service calls and support, new installations and troubleshooting at customer sites, as well as, in the company office/lab. This includes being in charge of coordinating and scheduling all technical visits, remote support and inventory management in collaboration with the Scientific team at our company and the Service Manager in Germany.
- The successful candidate is able to work independently, have a strong and relevant technical troubleshooting background, able to maintain a close professional relationship with customers and to be detail-oriented.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Being the customer's primary support and service contact for all incoming technical requests.
- Work independently while performing installations, Preventative Maintenance, on-site service and troubleshooting.
- Provide detailed reports and analysis of visits including suggestive actions and improvements, and make sure that all relevant information is documented and maintained in our support and service platform, KMS (knowledge management system).
- Track and insure that all service is performed within specific contractual SLA.
Qualifications and required skills:
- Prior field service experience of 3+ years is required. Experience from the life science fields is a plus. BS or MS in Engineering preferred.
- Language skills required: English, fluent in speech and writing. The applicant should have excellent ability to work independently documented customer experience with strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- The successful applicant must have the ability to work in a multidisciplinary, multicultural and team-oriented environment.
- Ability to travel around the territory 35-75% of the time, with occasional travel outside the area, covering the Americas (NA and LATAM).
- Knowledge of Automated Patch Clamp and liquid handling platforms/robotics are a huge plus.
- Salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
- Candidates must be authorized to be employed in the US.