service and support to customers.
Provide service and technical support within the region for specific product lines.
• Ensure job lists are kept up-to-date and preventative maintenance is performed in a timely
and efficient manner.
• Monitor and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction and take the lead in resolving
customer issues on a local level.
• Ensure all documentation relating to a job is completed on time and then forwarded to the
appropriate members of the customer care team.
• Assist in managing the local service parts inventory and liaise regularly with Customer Care
Representatives to stay abreast of issues in order to raise Service Alerts when appropriate.
• Promote whenever possible the availability of PerkinElmer Service contracts and pass on
leads to the Sales Manager – Service Contracts & Products or Service Contracts
• Support the ‘end of life’ instrument policy by providing customers with technical advice on
renewing or upgrading their ageing instrument.
• Work closely with the regional sales team to provide high standards of customer excellence.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY/DELEGATIONS:
• Authority to order service parts
• Recommend training
• Establish processes for continuous improvement
• Strategy for dealing with customer complaints
• Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent experience.
• Experience working in the field as a Service Engineer or similar technical field
• A sound knowledge of industry expectations and product lines
• A high level of computer literacy
• Restricted Electrical Licence would be advantageous
Key capabilities expected for the job
• Ability to effectively manage time and priorities
• Aptitude to learn new systems and retain technical information
• Commitment to customer excellence principles
• Demonstrated ethics and integrity
• Ability to manage others
• Commitment to continuous improvement principles
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to articulate and transfer information.