Field Service Engineer - Lab Automation - United States
Becton Dickinson (company)
Are you a Field Service Engineer in the San Deigo area that has expertise in troubleshooting clinical diagnostic or clinical automated equipment? If so this opportunity may be right for you!
BD Diagnostic is seeking a Field Service Engineer for the Lab Automation platform. This position is responsible for providing on-site support to BD customers, including, but not limited to, installation, corrective maintenance, preventative maintenance, removals, and other support as needed. This support will be provided during normal business hours, as well as on-call hours outside of normal working hours. Additionally, this position may be asked to provide phone support during normal business hours and after-hours, including on holidays and weekends. Support of marketing shows, exhibitions, and clinical trials may be required as well. Engineers are expected to be committed to ISO (International Organization for Standardization) and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install and service complex diagnostic laboratory instrumentation, with minimum direct supervision, in response to scheduled and emergency customer requests, via dispatch by the Technical Service Center, in accordance with current ISO and GMP standards.
- Flexibility to travel up to 50% of time outside of home geographic area, based upon business needs.
- Complete all service documentation as required by the position function, or as requested by other business functions, in accordance with current GMP requirements.
- Report and document all customer complaints in appropriate systems of record for resolution and investigation.
- Provide follow-up to customers who have recently been provided service, to verify instrument functionality and customer satisfaction.
- Properly maintain trunk stock inventory within limits established by Recommended Spare Parts List.
- Maintain all assigned calibrated test equipment and tools in good working condition and calibration dates.
- Demonstrate good judgment in utilization of company credit card, while adhering to expense levels within the established business guidelines.
- Maintain and utilize company vehicle as prescribed by fleet vehicle contractor requirements, including vehicle service maintenance, cleanliness, and organization at all times.
- Complete all administrative requirements of the position within expected timeframes.
- Provide on-call support per published schedules, or on short-notice, as required in support of business needs.
- Support an inclusive and diverse work environment.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Current and valid automotive driver’s license
- Two years of Field Service experience in the troubleshooting and repair of complex IT, electronic, and mechanical systems.
- Strong working knowledge of electronics, electro-mechanical devices, (Megatronics), PLCs, and pneumatics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding customer service and soft skills
- Must be able to work 1st shift Sunday - Thursday OR 2nd Shift, Tuesday - Saturday
- musts be available for work on call as needed.
- Associate's Degree in Electronics/Computers/Biomedical Engineering or Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician (CBET)
- Expertise in Robotics
- 4+ years of biomedical experience: installation, maintenance, troubleshooting diagnostic equipment
- Technical writing experience
- Training experience
- Excellent communication and customer service skills and ablity to function with little supervision.
- Knowledge of PC/software/LIS/networking/database management knowledge is highly desired.
- Experience with PC assembly, upgrades and repairs are highly desirable.