Field Service Engineer - Lab Automation - Atlanta, GA - United States
Responsible for providing on-site support to BD customers that includes, but is not limited to support of installation, corrective maintenance, preventative maintenance, removals and other support needed; after hour phone support, Holiday and weekend on-site and phone support, as well as support of Marketing, exhibitions, and clinical trials. Engineers will be expected to be committed to GMP, ISO, and Quality Standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install and service instrumentation with minimum direct supervision, as requested, by the Service Center in accordance with current ISO (International Organization for Standardization) and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) standards.
- Provide follow-up service by calling customers who have recently been provided service. Ensure service was complete and satisfactory to the customers' needs.
- Properly maintain car stock inventory, test equipment, tools, and technical data.
- Complete service documentation, as required, by the position function or requested by System Support Engineering Manager in accordance with current GMP requirements.
- Display maturity and judgment in time management and expense control.
- Maintain expense levels within the established guidelines for field service travel and sites visits. Report quality control and other technical problems, in detail, to the Service Center and System Support Engineering Manager.
- Properly maintain and utilize company vehicle as outlined by current corporate fleet policy.
- Maintain company vehicle as prescribed by fleet vehicle contractor requirements, as well as maintain vehicle cleanliness and organization at all times.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and good driving record - Must be flexible and meet travel needs based on the business needs
- Required to complete all administrative documentation required by the position in a timely basis.
- May be required to be available 24x7 via phone or pager and rotate in schedule of on-call status
- Actively supports areas of empowerment and continuously improves the team processes to create a more efficient work environment
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:The ideal candidate would be a Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician (CBET), possess an A.A.S. in Biomedical / Electronics Technology with at least 4 years of Biomedical experience. Individual must possess good communication and customer service skills, needs to be able to function with little supervision.
- High School Diploma/GED is required.
- Associate's Degree in Electronics/Computers/Biomedical Engineering is desired.
- Requires a good working knowledge of electronics and electro-mechanical devices. Some robotics experience is a plus.
- Must have effective communication and customer service skills including technical writing and training.
Two years of service experience in the troubleshooting and repair of IT and electronic systems required - Requires a good working knowledge of electronics and electro-mechanical devices (Megatronics), PLCs and pneumatics. - Knowledge of PC/software/LIS/networking/database management knowledge is highly desired. - Experience with PC assembly, upgrades and repairs are highly desirable.