About the Job
PerkinElmer, Inc. is a Global Leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment.
The ideal candidate will be located in the Missouri and will be responsible for providing best in class service and support for multiple Diagnostics equipment platforms at accounts located in MO, KS and IA as well as back up support for accounts in the surrounding region.
- Installation, preventive maintenance and the repair of PerkinElmer Diagnostics & OEM instrumentation
- Develop and maintain customer relationships to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction with our products and services
- Schedule and complete PM’s within the
- Provide remedial maintenance for non-contract customers billed at an hourly rate
- Provide warranty services for our products in the field.
- Adherence to warranty and service contract provisions
- Provide billable service quotes for non-contract services
- Assist and support local sales representative to secure new instrument orders.
- Contribute to account profitability by identifying billable service opportunities.
- Provide appropriate referral to other employees for answers to specific questions or to obtain product information.
- Maintain repair documentation for dispatch, inventory and service support functions of the job.
- Perform timely uploads and downloads of required data to ensure the integrity of the service system.
- Accountable for assigned company assets to include
- Manage inventory levels to ensure that adequate supply and appropriate records are maintained.
- Take an active role in developing technical skills and soft skills
- Identify training needs to improve competencies and actively participate in company sponsored
- 3 - 5 years of field service experience supporting LC/MS/MS and/or plate processing equipment or equivalent.
- A demonstrated ability to manage the service needs of the primary accounts in the assigned region.
- The ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships
- A proven self-motivational work ethic
- The ability to work independently, manage time and schedule workload to meet deadlines and customer needs
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational and documentation skills
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices as defined by the company and/or the customer’s site safety code.
- Experience working in GMP, ISO, and FDA compliant facilities a plus
- A Valid driver's license
- The ability to travel with overnight stays is required. Estimated travel is 50%
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices as defined by the Company and/or the customer’s site safety code.