- Would you like to be part of a dynamic organization which enables health care professionals to improve the lives of their patients in ophthalmology, microsurgery and other medical growth sectors?
- The Field Support Engineer I, under close supervision and direction, installs, repairs, upgrades and performs preventative maintenance on specified company Meditec instrumentation in a designated field service territory.
- Represents our company Meditec at customer locations and works to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Maintains all company property (inventory, tools, diagnostic equipment, vehicle, etc.) in accordance with company policies.
- Maintains a high level of professional communication with team, customers, management, Sales and Technical Support.
- Diagnose and repair all designated products within an assigned service territory, including preventative maintenance, installations and upgrades per specific training, manuals and our company Meditec guidelines.
- Complete work assignments as directed from management and work schedules as dispatched from Call Center.
- Complete and submit a field service report on a daily basis according to written procedures as documented in the Field Service reference database.
- Complete and submit a weekly expense report according to our company Meditec policies and procedures.
- Maintain spare parts inventory according to company guidelines and return specific spare parts as designated by policy.
- Interface with customers in a professional, pleasant and calm demeanor.
- Other duties may include, but are not limited to, instructing customers on operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Maintains company-issued test equipment and support tools, including spare parts.
- Installs and provides equipment maintenance at trade shows.
- 0 – 3 years of previous field service experience required.
- BS degree in Electronics, Engineering, Computer Technology and related fields preferred.
- A+, and Net + certification preferred.
- Theoretical understanding of basic electromechanical, electronic, and optical systems.
- Basic understanding of troubleshooting techniques and approaches.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong computer skills with the ability to obtain specific certifications as required.
- Must be able to pass required training to service fine mechanics and optics. Ability to effectively service the equipment on which training is completed
- SPECIAL DEMANDS: Extensive overnight travel is required by automobile and air. Must be willing to travel in the US and internationally for training, meetings, exhibit support and coverage outside assigned territory.
- The FSE must be able to obtain sufficient credit to cover incurred business expenses which will be reimbursed upon expense report submission and approval.
- The position requires an average of four (4) hours driving per day. Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds. Thirty percent of the average workday is spent standing or walking.
- With just under 25,000 employees, our company is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for 170 years.
- Our company develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology.