- The Field Service Engineer drives high levels of customer satisfaction by providing expert service and support to customers within assigned area and product lines.
- Suggests and delivers services and support which includes direct installation, training, maintenance and repair of company products, validation services, IQ/OQ and service agreements.
- Installation, Maintenance & Repair.Install, train, maintain, verify performance and repair company equipment at customer sites ensuring best-in-class service within established time frame and assigned area and product lines.Drive toward zero service recalls for any reason.
- Provide scheduled preventative maintenance for contract customers, remedial maintenance for non-contract customers billed and all warranty services which apply to our products in the field. Complete assigned preventative maintenance calls at customer sites within prescribed time frame and established performance standards.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to the Installation, warranty, and service agreement provisions to provide adequate billing information to the customer
- Business Development. Drive the sale of new service agreements, service agreement upgrades and instrument add-ons to existing contracts.
- Encourage customers to purchase contracts, training, support, software, laboratory services products and field installed computer hardware upgrades.
- Assist and support local sales representative, secures new instrument orders, provide new instruments leads. Contribute to account profitability through billable labor/travel orders, parts orders, support orders, billable install orders, and consumables. Provide appropriate referral to other employees for answers to specific questions or to obtain product information.
- Information/Asset Management. Maintain up to date electronic and repair documentation for dispatch, inventory and service support functions of the job.
- Perform timely uploads and downloads of required data to ensure the integrity of the service system. Accountable for assigned company assets to include:Company vehicle, tools, test equipment, telecommunication equipment, personal service parts inventory, etc.Manage inventory levels to ensure that adequate supply and appropriate records are maintained.
- BA in in Electronics, Chemistry, Biology or equivalent and/or related experience;
- 1-5 years field service experience; sound technical knowledge in some of the following product lines to be supported:
- Atomic Spectroscopy, Mass Spectrometry, Inductively Coupled Plasma
- Liquid & Gas Chromatography and Chromatography Mass
- UltraViolet/Visible Spectrophotomers,
- Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) & Thermogravimetry (TGA)
- I Basic Knowledge in applications of all or some of product lines supported.
- Knowledgeable and well versed in all software platforms of associated supported equipment.
- Expertise in use of all relevant test equipment.
- “Can do” attitude, shows high level of responsibility and a desire to go down to root cause eager to learn new systems, hardware and software nfrared Spectroscopy Systems (FTIR)
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices as defined by the Company and/or the customer’s site safety code.
- Valid driver’s license
Working with us implies
- helping to improve the health & safety of people and the environment
- work in a hi-tech, innovative, team oriented, energetic and scientific environment
- career development opportunities in multiple business area
Additionally we offer:
- attractive compensation and performance bonus
- recognition & referral awards
- lunch allowance
- company car
- flexible working time
- business, technical and soft skills trainings
- CSR activities
- casual dress policy
- Backed by an outstanding team of 8,000 employees and located in over 150 countries across the world, our company is a global leader focused on improving human and environmental health.
- We provide our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative detection, imaging, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes.
- We make a difference everyday – helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment.