Field Service Engineer - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a global technology leader driving growth and initiative in the Environmental and Human Health Science markets.
- The company is a leading force in the development, production, marketing, servicing, and supporting of laboratory instrumentation and ancillary services throughout the world.
- The Field Service Engineer helps our company customers enhance the productivity of their laboratory processes and drives high levels of customer satisfaction by performing routine maintenance, repairs, validations and training on a variety of instrumentation.
- The Field Service engineer represents the face of our company to the customer and fosters business expansion by providing ‘best-in-class’ responsiveness and professionalism in all customer interactions.
- This also includes key account expansion, sale of new maintenance agreements, training, upgrades and provide instrument sales leads.
Installation, Maintenance & Repair:
- Install, maintain, verify performance and repair equipment at customer sites ensuring best-in-class service within established time frame and assigned geographical area or site. Drive toward zero service recalls.
- Completes assigned preventive maintenance calls at customer sites within prescribed time frame and established performance standards.
- Provide scheduled preventative maintenance for contract customers, remedial maintenance for non-contract customers billed at an hourly rate and all warranty services, which apply to our products in the field.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to the Installation, warranty, and service contract provisions to provide adequate billing information to the customer.
- Drive the sale of new maintenance agreements, maintenance agreement upgrades and instrument add-ons to existing contracts.
- Encourage customers to purchase training, support, software and field installed computer hardware upgrades.
- Assist and support local sales representative secure new instrument orders.
- Contribute to account profitability through billable labor/travel orders, parts orders, support orders, billable install orders, and consumables.
- Provide appropriate referral to other employees for answers to specific questions or to obtain product information.
- Maintain up to date electronic and repair documentation for dispatch, inventory and service support functions of the job.
- Perform timely uploads and downloads of required data to ensure the integrity of the service system.
- Accountable for assigned company assets to include: Company vehicle, tools, test equipment, telecommunication equipment, personal service parts inventory, etc.
- Manages inventory levels to ensure that adequate supply and appropriate records are maintained.
Continuous Self Development:
Take an active role in developing technical skills and soft skills to maintain and enhance our company’s value proposition to the customer.
Seek higher level certification through participation in company sponsored training & development initiatives.
Job Requirements :
- The ideal candidate will hold a Bachelor’s degree in electronics or chemistry. 2-3 years of experience is preferred but not necessary.
- Hands on service skills and oral/written communications skills a must.
- Target attributes
- critical thinking and problem solving
- customer ownership
- continuous development
- ability to adapt to a flexible work schedule
- experience with test equipment
- Additional valued experience
- GMP/GLP compliance rigor and attention to detail
- Inorganic and/or Material Science instrumentation operation and/or maintenance experience
- Instrument Method development experience.
- Training development and execution experience
- Business development/ownership skills