This job is currently Archived,
Field Service Engineer - Beam Physics - United States
Posted on : 15 April 2017
Job DescriptionAs a Field Service Engineer – Beam Physics, you would be responsible for the installation and/or maintenance and/or repair of IBA equipment’s/systems (applies to hardware and software) at IBA or on customer's site, in order to deliver within defined timelines a final reliable working product, matching quality, performance, customer satisfaction requirements.
- Maintaining a clean working environment and behavior in line with the safety and regulatory rules (radioprotection, electrical risk …)
- Working area clean and safe, application of the EHS (environment, hygiene and security) rules to avoid incident
- Install and/or test equipment/systems according to specifications; Adjust and fine tune subsystems according the requirements of the procedures
- Install and/or test equipment/Subsystems/systems within defined timelines and matching safety, quality, performance, customer satisfaction and reliability requirements
- Factory and site acceptance Tests ( UT, VT, IT, OF control) as well as non-regression tests are fulfilled with the required level of compliance/safety/quality/technical performance
- Maintain equipment/systems according to the maintenance schedule
- Maintenance of hardware and software subsystems (server’s upkeep, data backups, software versioning…) is fulfilled with the required level of compliance/quality/technical performance
- Repair equipment/systems taking all necessary actions to solve problems
- Equipment/systems are working properly with the required level of compliance/quality/technical performance/customer satisfaction
- Train customer to use properly and safely equipment/systems.
- Coach less experienced field engineers
- Customer/colleague is able to operate on his own IBA equipment/systems with the required level of compliance/quality/technical performance
- Technical owner of a site according to area competencies
- Direct contact with internal and external clients
- Process are applied following defined KPI's
- Data monitoring is done and action plan is designed according to analysis root cause analysis
- Counsel customer on available spare parts and upgrades, potential sales are reported to the Sales Team.
- Report and document interventions and actions undertaken with the required level of details and accuracy.
- Efficient reporting is available on time for the management and interventions are properly documented in the systems.
- Propose solutions that improve equipment reliability, install ability and operability in collaboration with R&D.
- Problems reported and documented in Bugzilla / resolved bugs on the spot, participation to design review.
- Operate the installed site and the equipment’s/systems on daily basis.
- Appropriate key performance indicators (throughput, customer satisfaction, uptime…) are met.
ProfileEducation and Experience:
- Bachelors of Science in Physics or equivalent.
- Experience in electronics/electrical system troubleshooting required.
- Candidate must have experience in several of the following fields: Cooling systems, vacuum systems, PLC’s, regulation loops, drivers, sensors, positioning equipment, electric motors, high voltage equipment, low voltage equipment, etc.
- Mechanical system repair, maintenance and operations of large systems a plus.
- General Knowledge of Microsoft products such as Excel, Word, Access, Outlook are a must.
- Basic knowledge of UNIX a plus.
- SAP knowledge a plus.
- Detail oriented
- Good customer service mentality
- Strong commitment to team work
- Works well under pressure
- Ability to lift >50 pounds repeatedly.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Ability to hear and speak clearly.
- The position is a professional position and the conduct of such a position should be the basic expectation.
- More than 40 hours per week is sometimes required.
- Rotating shift work including nights and weekends is required.
- Occupational exposure to radiation
- Work with high voltage equipment and magnetic fields
- Work with hazardous materials
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time, domestic and some international
- Perform the essential functions of the job
- Working at heights which includes 4 feet or higher
- Climbing ladders
- Standing, sitting or stooping for long periods of time
CompanyParticle Therapy: the next frontier in cancer therapy.
IBA is the undisputed leader in particle therapy, acknowledged to be the most precise and effective clinical radiotherapy method in the selective destruction of cancer cells. To date, more than 25 world renowned medical institutions have built a Particle Therapy Center with IBA.
IBA : opening new ways in the fight against cancer.
IBA is a cancer diagnostics and treatment company and the worldwide technology leader in the field of proton therapy. The Company’s expertise lies in the development of next generation proton therapy technologies and radiopharmaceuticals that provide oncology care providers with premium quality services and equipment, including IBA’s leading fully integrated IntegraLab® radiopharmacy system, and Dosimetry advanced solutions for Quality Assurance of medical equipment and increased patient safety.
Headquartered in Belgium and employing more than 1,500 people worldwide, IBA currently has installed systems across Europe and the US and is expanding into emerging markets.
The Company is focused on providing solutions in the fight against cancer.
OfferIBA offers you the opportunity to realize great achievements in the fight against cancer. Our employees are perceived as passionate, pragmatic and result oriented people dedicated to develop leading edge technologies to protect, enhance and save lives !
If you are stimulated by multicultural challenges and willing to travel, we offer you the opportunity to join a team of more than 35 nationalities working on more than 40 different sites on 3 continents.
IBA offers you a competitive performance based compensation package and a flexible work environment. You have real possibilities to evolve within IBA's worldwide, leading organization and to create your own career path, supported by training programs to acquire new skills and ensure they stay sharp.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer IBA is committed to a diverse workforce.