We are currently looking for a highly motivated, organized and assertive Field Sales Specialist possessing the drive and desire to exceed goals in the territory. The position requires solid, working knowledge of current research techniques and a strong knowledge of the entire Next Generation Sequencing Workflow solution. This includes Automation, Extraction and Microfluidic solutions and data analysis.
TERRITORY: GA, SC, TN
• Meet or exceed territory sales targets for products and assigned business objectives
• Develop tactical sales plans to maximize revenues
• Conduct technical demonstrations of the products
• Effective use of seminars, tradeshows as lead generators and education opportunities
• Negotiate contracts, execute pricing strategy to maintain existing & develop new business
• Maintain a strong customer focus through consultative selling
• Enhance customer satisfaction by building trust and strong relationships
• Partner with industrial partners who integrate our technology with their own
• Daily use of CRM (salesforce.com) database to increase sales effectiveness and forecast accuracy
• Perform daily pre-call planning for increased sales effectiveness
• Recognize market trends and gain competitive intelligence within territory
• Responsible for selling products into academic research, pharmaceutical, biotech and clinical labs
• Work with application scientist team for customer support and product/applications knowledge.
- • 3-5+ years of successful capital equipment sales experience in the Life Science market
- • Knowledge of automation, extraction and microfluidic solutions as part NGS workflow
- • Minimum B.S. in Life Sciences (biology, molecular biology preferred)
- • Energetic, results-driven with excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- • Ability to think strategically, articulate a shared vision and defend strategic insights.
- • Strong business acumen, with exceptional negotiation skills
- • Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- • Highly effective time management skills
- Strong customer service skills with a focus on solutions-oriented sales
- Proven ability to build a sales pipeline, manage sales process’, and effectively close orders
- Ability to operate independently and as part of a team
- Approximately 60% travel