Field Sales Manager - United Kingdom
HORIBA Scientific (company)
Main Purpose Of Job
This position is responsible for a wide range of functions involving all aspects of field sales team management Achieve agreed annual sales & profitability objectives Overall and Individual Sales business plan Sales team management and development Sales forecasting.
Main Responsibilities And Duties :
- Contribution to and ownership of medical sales budget – sales and expenditure.
- Recruit, organise, lead, train, coach, motivate and direct the sales force in such a manner to ensure the achievement of the annual UK objectives.
- Ensure effective functioning of the Sales Team.
- Ensure effective performance of individual members of the sales team.
- Conduct regular field visits, one-to-one coaching and business / prospect list reviews with the sales specialists.
- Organise and plan monthly sales meeting (physical or virtual) in conjunction with SMM
- Organise or provide appropriate training for all members of sales team.
- Provide the sales team with strong and appropriate leadership.
- Ensure an effective prospect list is maintained and provide accurate order forecast (monthly).
- Ensure the company CRM, when implemented, is used effectively by all members of the team.
- Write the departmental plan in accordance with agreed targets and ensure its implementation.
- Provide monthly report plus any relevant report as required by management.
- Provide qualified input to ensure Pricing is in line with market expectations for systems and reagents.
- Contribute to the development of new markets for current and future products solutions.
- Assist in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
- Ensure team work in support of agreed marketing plans.
- Ensure an effective competitor database is maintained including installed base, pricing and technical / applications details.
- Work and liaise effectively with relevant internal departments.
- Control departmental expenses in line with the budget.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Other additional responsibilities as required e.g. attendance at overseas meetings as directed.
- Follow and maintain HORIBA Quality and Health & Safety Policies and KPIs.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for effective performance of the role.
- Attend training courses as required.
- Adhere to HORIBA policies and procedures and ensure same applies to team.
- Adhere to relevant Health & Safety procedures and ensure same applies to team.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by changing demands within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
The prime objective will be met annual sales targets have been achieved.
Performance will be considered satisfactory when:
- Each individual sales specialist is performing to a consistently high standard and they can be shown to be working effectively towards their own sales targets.
- There is a written plan on how to achieve sales targets in each territory and the plan can be shown to be implemented in a systematic manner.
- When implemented The company database can be shown to be up to date in all details relating to customer contacts and history, sales opportunities, future appointments and plans.
- Customer and prospective customer records can be used to produce a forecast of future business expected from the area which is subsequently proved accurate.
- All new marketing leads can be shown to have been followed up in a timely and effective manner.
- At all times there is an adequate list of prospects under active management and that steady movement towards a successful conclusion can be demonstrated.
- There is effective communication with the other members of the organisation . There is effective weekly and detailed monthly reporting.
- Feedback from customers is consistently positive or issues are speedily resolved.
Skills and Experience :
- Sales Experience
- Market Intelligence
- Strategic planning
- Good communicator
- Effective Team Management
- Mentoring & Coaching
- Business Planning & Development
- Pathology, Haematology, Biochemistry, or similar
- Software packages : Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, Internet,Powerpoint, CRM
Personal Qualities :
- Able to lead and work as part of a Team
- Capable of working on own initiative.
- Attention to detail.
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Helpful, flexible & adaptable
- Current driving licence
Based At :
09:00 to 17:30
Occasional work/travel outside core hours and at weekends will occasionally be required
Responsible To :
Sales & Marketing Manager
If you wish to apply for this position, please contact HORIBA UK's Human Resources Team at firstname.lastname@example.org