This job is currently Archived,
Field Sales Agronomist (f/m) South Germany Buxtehude Germany,
Dupont Biosciences (company)
Posted on : 26 December 2016
- Develop and provide agronomic and product education and training to the field sales force that supports the sales and service of our brand products and associated technologies.
- Work with the Commercial Unit Product Manager and Agronomy Research Manager to plan and conduct Sales Area, Commercial Unit field trials and demonstrations that provide information to improve the management and/or positioning of our products and services.
- Partner with Product Specialist, Area Sales Managers and Promotors to create and deliver agronomic and product information which improves the productivity and profitability of our customers.
- Serve as agronomic resource to Area Sales Managers and Promotors to resolve difficult customer concerns
- Provide in-field and structured classroom agronomic training for sales team
- Provide timely agronomic information to the sales team to support the sales effort.
- Assist in resolving customer service calls involving product performance and/or agronomic issues when unable to be resolved by Area Sales Manager
- Prepare product performance summaries for use by area sales force and Commercial Unit Marketing team
- Provide agronomic content for technical and marketing communications for both internal and external audiences (Expert News, web, mobile, etc &)
- Design and coordinate Product Knowledge Plot (DEMO/IMPACT/PKP) programs that will be executed by field sales employees.
- Provide liaison between CU PM and assigned regional official institutes and chambers
- Evaluate 3rd party trials in assigned region and collect information on growing performance observations of our brand seed products as well as other hybrids tested
- Provide liaison between field sales and the North American agronomy sciences team.
- Plan and execute on-farm agronomic research projects as appropriate.
- Analyze and interpret agronomy research results.
- Provide written agronomy research summaries that can be used to support product management, positioning, and field sales training
- Coordinate and implement 3rd party research projects (e.g. universities, trade associations, consultancies)
- Execute commercial unit and European level agronomic research projects and initiatives
- Collect information/notes and observations related to the performance of our brand seed products and competition products.
- Provide overall performance evaluations on commercial seed products.
- Support product life cycle management in assigned area
- Bachelor's degree in required, preferably in an agronomic field. Master's Degree in agriculture is preferred.
- At least 5 years Agronomy experience is preferred.
Demonstrated knowledge of:
- Crop production/cultural practices.
- Our offerings and competitive product/service offerings; local Ag markets; value chain and production practices, and our product offerings in relation to seed Selling & marketing tools and techniques; Environmental, regulatory, and stewardship issues of competitive products at the local/regional level.
- Company policies and procedures.
Demonstrated skills in:
- Teaching/training. Selling, negotiating, influencing and presenting.
- Conflict resolution and handling objections.
- Using computer hardware software/intranet to generate reports, territory plans, access our info and complete administrative duties.
- Collecting, interpreting & communicating product, market, customer & competitive data.
Demonstrated ability to:
- Build/maintain strong relationships with customers, key industry/market influencers, internal partners and teammates.
- Work effectively within a team environment. Lead and influence projects and coach individuals in accomplishing defined objectives/goals.
- Understand the needs and values of partners and customers and develop solutions to satisfy/retain.
- Get results by taking initiative, overcoming obstacles & finding creative solutions.
- Work independently with minimum supervision and operate within budget.
- Work in and adapt to a rapidly changing business environment.
We are the world s leading developer and supplier of advanced plant genetics, providing high-quality seeds to farmers in more than 90 countries. We provide agronomic support and services to help increase farmer productivity and profitability and strives to develop sustainable agricultural systems for people everywhere.
Germany Lower Saxony Buxtehude
Find a Job Find Candidates