Field Medical Director - Japan
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The Field Medical Director (FMD) will serve as the medical and clinical expert for the specified therapeutic area (TA).
- The FMD will focus on external peer-to-peer and other relevant stakeholder engagement and overseeing the education for Field Medical Team (FMT).
- Serve as the TA medical and clinical expert working collaboratively with the FMT to engage medical peers and other key external stakeholders.
- Lead and execute Medical Advisory Boards in order to understand and address unmet medical needs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant Professional Associations to further develop the profession, education and create visibility and awareness for company..
- Contribute to the education of FMT, such as Journal Club, etc
- Support medical and scientific TA/product initiatives within a matrix environment including oversight and execution of Medical Affairs Company Sponsored Studies (MACS) and Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR).
- Provide input to confidential New Business Development opportunities within the respective therapeutic area of expertise, as required.
- Provide support for departmental initiatives that further our business, and support other departments within company such as New Product Planning, Government Affairs, etc.
- Indirectly, oversee the medical review and sign off of promotional pieces in support of the Medical-Regulatory-Legal committee for products within the specific therapeutic area.
- Provide scientific insight and medical expertise in the development of medical, research and commercial strategy for assigned compounds by participating in cross functional committees, as needed.
- Provide medical direction and review for pre and post launch regulatory strategies (which may include label (PI), protocols, Supplemental NDA’s, etc), as needed.
- Perform medical and scientific review of investigator initiated study proposals, as required.
- Other medical and scientific support duties as assigned.
- Allowances: Commutation, Housing, Overtime Work etc.
- Holidays: Saturdays, Sundays, National Holidays, May Day,
- Year-End Holidays etc. (approx. 123 days in a year)
- Paid Leaves: Annual Paid Leave, Special Paid Leave, Refresh Leave,
- Maternity Leave, Childcare Leave, Family Nursing Leave, Philanthropy Leave.
- Applies medical knowledge and product expertise to add value and uphold the integrity of company products within the research and medical community.
- Ability to articulately and professionally communicate data both orally and in writing.
- Ability to analyze a wide variety of scientific data and translates these data into relevant scientific communication.
- Communicates and partners with internal and external stakeholders to lead productively within a matrix organization and maximize team effectiveness.
- Ability to capture knowledge within the organization; improves solutions, processes, and deliverables through use of information; improves information capital by contributing experience, theories, deliverables and models for others to use.
- Demonstrates ability to use confidence, decisiveness and a willingness to listen to, influence and engage others in the accomplishment of functional goals..
- Applies compliance expertise and insights in every activity and to navigate and explain the options and constraints within an increasingly compliance driven environment.
- Ability to predict broad-based changes in business partner environment and translate them into functional strategies to continually meet business partner needs.
- Establishes a broad understanding of the internal and external environment.
- This includes understanding of the pharmaceutical industry, regulatory processes, and healthcare environment.
- Applies company’s core business capabilities to the organization meet goals and objectives.
- MD degree with relevant clinical practice, research, academic and/or pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Experience with clinical research, publication activities, congress presentations, and public speaking.
- Board certification in therapeutic area related to the position.
- Medical Affairs or R&D experience
- Good command of English language with the ability to engage in scientific discussions and a TOEIC score above 800.
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Carrying, handling, and reaching for objects
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/client sites.
- Overnight travel, including some weekend commitments.
- Travel may vary depending on geography.