Field Automation Engineer - Atlanta - United States
Tecan is a leading player in the fast growing global life sciences equipment and supply industry. We are specialized in the development, production and distribution of automation solutions for laboratories in the market segments of life sciences, clinical diagnostics and forensics.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative company and to be an active member to participate in our business. For the Service and Consumables unit we are looking for a:
Field Automation Engineer (Scientist)
Location – Atlanta, GA
The Field Automation Scientist will be responsible for installation, mechanical service, customer training, sales demonstrations, and development and implementation of applications on Tecan liquid handling platforms.
Your main tasks:
- Assists with instrument installation and development of new applications.
- Performs problem diagnosis, service, and preventative maintenance on Tecan instruments.
- Provides customer training on use, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Share information obtained from unique problems or specialized training to the FAE Team and the Tecan organization.
- Assists Sales Engineers with complex demonstrations and installs.
- Ability and willingness to maintain a travel schedule and to travel on short notice.
- Complete essential service records according to company policy.
- Maintains appropriate parts inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Provides back-up service support outside of assigned territory as needed.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, and reviewing technical publications.
- Handles essential tasks as assigned, and responds to change productively.
For this position we are seeking a candidate with a BS degree in Life Science or Computer Science with minimum of 1-3 years laboratory experience. The successful candidate must have 1-3 years robotics/automation experience and electro/mechanical experience is a plus. Well-developed PC skills including MS Windows 2000/XP, Windows 7 and Office Suite are necessary. Must be able to travel up to 60% of the time to support the customer’s needs.
Please apply online and submit your resume to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=tecan&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disabled/Veteran. If you need assistance applying for this position please call Human Resources at (800) 338-3226 or email firstname.lastname@example.org