This job is currently Archived,
Field Application Specialist (permanent) - France
Posted on : 18 July 2017
- Our company is innovative company specialized in high precision genetic analysis. Using a breakthrough microfluidic approach, our company has developed a novel digital PCR process called Crystal Digital PCR.
- This process is implemented in company's Naica system, which enables fast, robust, user-friendly digital PCR, and comes equipped with a unique three-color multiplexing capacity.
- Our company is recruiting a Field Applications Specialist, with expertise in digital PCR, to assist with the commercial launch of our Naica system.
- The Field Application Specialist (FAS) primary responsibilities will be to represent our company and expose the breadth of applications enabled by our platform to our customers. The FAS will partner with our sales team to deliver pre- and post-sales customer support, effectively acting as a trusted expert to our customers.
- This role requires exceptional technical expertise and excellent interpersonal skills.
- We are looking for someone with the proven ability to engage customers at the highest levels of science to represent the technical capabilities of our company system.
- The objectives are to educate and motivate the customer so that they adopt our technology for their research, and to provide timely scientific and technical assistance to existing customers to make sure they get the best results from the Naica technology.
- We are looking for someone with a proven ability to deliver excellence in customer support.
- Organizes and performs product demonstrations at customer or company sites
- Prepares and presents seminars and/ or webinars to wide array of audiences
- Helps support technical training for Sales Representatives as appropriate
- Represents our company at scientific conferences
- Assists Sales Representatives to provide technical and applications assistance in response to customer inquiries.
- Provides troubleshooting support to customers in the field or by phone/email. Resolves and/or escalates customer issues & complaints
- Reports application and product feedback from customers to the appropriate internal teams
- Maintains the highest level of integrity with all customer interaction
- Stays current on scientific and industry trends and innovations.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Must be available for up to 50% travel that may include over-night stays. Travel, mostly within Europe, with some trips to Asia, will be a significant part of this job.
- MSc or PhD in Life Sciences
- 1+ year previous work experience working as a Field Application Scientist or equivalent position, providing technical support to customers
- Experience in the digital PCR field strongly preferred
- Strong customer relationship skills are a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Fluent in written and verbal English.
- Team-oriented contributor
- 3+ years experience working in a laboratory environment
- Ability to identify and solve problems effectively
- Able to anticipate and diffuse critical/potentially volatile customer situations
- Strong understanding of multi-cultural communication styles
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment including flexibility around schedule and function
- Self-directed with strong initiative