Field Application Specialist - United States
- Provide initial training, service and support to external customers with regard to assay training, instrument operation, instrument maintenance, instrument calibration, validation and troubleshooting.
- Provide functional knowledge laboratory / manufacturing equipment, immunoassay technology, systems & processes.
- Provide service and support to internal and external customers with regard to instrument maintenance and calibration, and instrument troubleshooting and repair
Install the methodologies on the instrumentation at customer´s premises and guarantee customer follow-up for technical/application problems
- Make the preliminary visits to laboratories to agree on positioning of the instrumentation and installs and tests the instruments at the customer site according to the time limits and methods defined by Customer System Support
- Participate in training processes that are designed to develop a highly skilled workforce capable of delivering results consistent with corporate goals and objectives
- Provide assistance to Sales & Marketing Team through training, defining customer requirements, determining instrument platform to meet the customer requirements and customizing workflows
- Provide training and support infrastructure for new systems and develop training materials as required
Qualifications Experience Personal Strengths Mobility
3-5 years in a field directly related to the work
Previous experience in the IVD (In Vitro Diagnostics) and/or highly regulated FDA environments and biotechnology industry preferred
- Functional knowledge laboratory / manufacturing equipment, immunoassay technology, systems & processes
- Knowledge and skill in maintaining, servicing, troubleshooting and medical diagnostic or analytical instrumentation
- Knowledge and understanding of medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, immunology, and immunoassay techniques
- Ability to do corrective action and troubleshooting with reference to manufactures manuals • Ability to demonstrate and explain correct operation and maintenance of equipment
- Experience providing training, service and support to external customers with regard to assay training, instrument operation, instrument maintenance, instrument calibration and troubleshooting
- Experience assisting internal and external customers in product investigation/complaints, to ensure customer satisfaction, regulatory compliance and problem resolution
- Advanced understanding of NCCLS, CAP and CLIA requirement relating to customer needs
- Advanced medical laboratory practices, management and techniques
- Seasoned experience using Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS, Excel) , Apple iOS and Google products
- Excellent communication skills and prompt internal / external customer response rate
Service-oriented mentality and a strong focus on customer needs
- High problem-solving and decision-making capability
- Effective project management and analytical skills
- Interdisciplinary thought and treatment and quality awareness
- Well-organized, ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
- High commitment and self-motivation
As per local and Company requirements for DiaSorin Molecular LLC.
A competitive compensation package including Medical, Dental, Life, STD, LTD, Company
match of Retirement plan with vesting schedule
Others Information as per Local Legal Requirements
JOB POSTING REQUIREMENT for USA VACANCIES for DiaSorin Molecular LLC
Must be 18 years of age, legally authorized to work in the US; and not require sponsorship
for employment visa status (e.g, TN, H1B status) now or in the near future.
It is the policy of DiaSorin to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons
regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race,
religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic
information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, DiaSorin will provide
reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Our company uses
E-verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more
about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
DiaSorin is an EEO/AA employer.
EEO is the Law | http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf